SASS Wire Forum

The Irony of the 'Virus': not meant to be funny

I'm watching many of the Governors give information concerning their States

prepardness, school info, services..... etc.

MOST of them are suggesting (or mandating) that crowds of 200+ be avoided or cancelled, etc.....

The irony of this is that their news conferences are drawing in a lot of folks, especially in the news media,

law enforcement, etc.....

I notice on one of the news conferences that the Governor of NJ was centered at the news table and 

the officials sitting to his right and left were spaced about 6 feet from him.

Why did they even need to be there?

The more we see and hear of this virus, the more I believe its been cultivated in somebody's lab.

..........Widder

1 hour ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

The more we see and hear of this virus, the more I believe its been cultivated in somebody's lab.

..........Widder

The lab is in Hillary's basement bathroom.  They'll never find it.

Sorry but I have never been into conspiracies. Mostly because I know how hard it is for more than 2 people to keep a secret.

I have come to realize however, that education and intelligence and even common sense are no guarantee against panic. First saw it post- 911 and I’m seeing it again all around me.

At work today, it was reported that a person in a building on campus came in contact with someone that tested positive for the virus.  Uno happens to work in that building, but on a different floor.  After I read the announcement to my co-workers, one of them reached over their cube wall and sprayed my area with Lysol, showering me in the process.  Their thoughts were that since this happened in the same building as my husband, I could somehow be a carrier.  I was also told not to visit anyone's cube.  If I needed to ask a question, I should just shout it over the wall and hope someone is there to answer.  I can not attend any meetings either.  When I asked the co-worker why I received the shower, she said my husband could be a carrier because he may have touched the same elevator button as the person who came in contact with the infected individual, so by default, I am a carrier also....

Seriously people!!!!!

Neither Uno nor I are showing any signs of illness.  Trust me, if I were, I would not have gone to work. 

The hysterics in a population of people who are supposed to be educated and at least somewhat intelligent astounds me.

It's pretty interesting to see here in Fort Wayne. You can't even get in a store parking lot. My wife was wondering why people were hoarding ammo the past couple weeks. I think she has a better idea now. 

The 'Irony' that I posted above had to deal with the news conferences to announce

that no one should have a gathering of 200+ people........yet the news conferences were

having large gatherings to make the announcement.

And the other 'Irony' was the Governors on TV were making their announcements with all the

'unnecessory' people around them and making such statements that 'people should avoid

going to public places unless absolutely necessary'.   And all those 'department' heads 

were hanging out at the news conferences, just to be seen.

Thats the IRONY of it all.

..........Widder

19 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

The 'Irony' that I posted above had to deal with the news conferences to announce

that no one should have a gathering of 200+ people........yet the news conferences were

having large gatherings to make the announcement.

And the other 'Irony' was the Governors on TV were making their announcements with all the

'unnecessory' people around them and making such statements that 'people should avoid

going to public places unless absolutely necessary'.   And all those 'department' heads 

were hanging out at the news conferences, just to be seen.

Thats the IRONY of it all.

..........Widder

Ironic and moronic rhyme! 

1 hour ago, Calamity Kris said:

The hysterics in a population of people who are supposed to be educated and at least somewhat intelligent astounds me.

I can relate.  One year I lost the entire month of February to upper respiratory symptoms.  The women in the office treated me like Typhoid Mary.  Went to the dr (to satisfy the horde) who confirmed it wasn't a damned thing but mold in our office building.

Glad I'm retired. If somebody at work sprayed me with Lysol I would either be fired or arrested or both, and they would be on their way to the ER.

People are crazy.

47 minutes ago, Bad Bascomb, SASS # 47,494 said:

:ph34r:   And, ironically, all the frenzy for toilet paper......  this illness doesn't cause diarrhea.....

Exactly..... but it proves that people are full of 'it'.

..........Widder

1 hour ago, Bad Bascomb, SASS # 47,494 said:

:ph34r:   And, ironically, all the frenzy for toilet paper......  this illness doesn't cause diarrhea.....

I think the concern is more about being able to hide out and stay away from the public for a few months.

I was in our favorite toy store yesterday and the proprietor coughed - hardly more than clearing his throat.  Everyone grabbed something and acted like they were going to attack him. He played along,  "Oh no! It's the virus!", and backed up with arms up in defense.  We all laughed.  

I'm wondering if those with symptoms will be treated like zombies. 

I'm worried because coming up real soon is oak pollin time.  It wacks me worse every year. It's so thick you can see and feel it in the air.  Then other pollins and moldy grass and hay cutting.  Cedar pollinating. One after another until hell freezes over again. 

There are a lot of sick office and commercial buildings.  To cut energy cost, they recycle the same air and often neglect filters and otherwise control the fungus and mildew.  

1 hour ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

I think the concern is more about being able to hide out and stay away from the public for a few months.

exactly...

say your neighbor gets covid19 and they quarantine the whole neighborhood, what do you do?

im more worried about them quarantining us and declaring martial law then confiscating weapons... dont ever think they wont... look back at the "rich white" neighborhoods after katrina where the NG went door to door taking guns... sure people will swear the "from my cold dead fingers" oath, but once there are 50 heavily armed NG troops out in your front yard and your family is in the house, instead of risking a firefight you know you'll lose, you'll give the guns up...

sadly all mine fell overboard last summer when i went fishing...

15 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Sorry but I have never been into conspiracies. Mostly because I know how hard it is for more than 2 people to keep a secret.

I have come to realize however, that education and intelligence and even common sense are no guarantee against panic. First saw it post- 911 and I’m seeing it again all around me.

From the movie, “Men in Black”...

Edwards : Why the big secret? People are smart. They can handle it. 

Kay : A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. 

Here in Kilimanjaro Tanzania today 

Three separate flights, all between 3/4 to 1/2 full. Lots of masks, lots of people clearing throats (it is pollen season after an unusually wet 8-9 months) government employees required to wear masks 

. Our group had to be checked for fever with a FLIR device- all normal

regards

Gateway Kid

The irony of the whole situation is that if all the shut downs don’t work, then we’ll be in a heck of a lot of trouble. If it does work, everyone will be shouting about how unnecessary the shutdowns were because not very many people got sick and we overacted 

Let's see now: no groups of more than 250.

Does that mean if I show up at number 249 I'm not in danger, but if I show up as 250 and, as an example, Mo Hare comes in next we're all gonna get sick and die? 

What bunch of dysfunctional idiots come up with this crap?  I think the whole thing is a scam for whatever reason and I refuse to go along with it until someone proves it's a real threat.

Pima County, one of the most populous in the country has all but shut down over LESS THAN A DOZEN CONFIRMED CASES.

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Let's see now: no groups of more than 250.

Does that mean if I show up at number 249 I'm not in danger, but if I show up as 250 and, as an example, Mo Hare comes in next we're all gonna get sick and die? 

What bunch of dysfunctional idiots come up with this crap?  I think the whole thing is a scam for whatever reason and I refuse to go along with it until someone proves it's a real threat.

Pima County, one of the most populous in the country has all but shut down over LESS THAN A DOZEN CONFIRMED CASES.

2 cases in this county. (Charlotte NC).

The Governor has closed schools for 2 weeks and there’s panic buying in the stores.

Archived