SASS Wire Forum

Disney Closing

Yul Lose

I just heard that Disney is closing all of its parks until the end of the month. My son and 3 grandkids are here and had reservations starting Sunday night through Tuesday. He just got the notice.

Yes it's unfortunate.  I believe the gesture comes in two parts.  The first is to legitimately help reduce the spread.  The second is to limit liability.  The last thing anyplace needs is to get the reputation of helping spread the disease and the litigation that goes along with it.

8 minutes ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

Ohio just closed all schools K thru 12 for 3 weeks, worse yet gun show is closed, no gatherings over 100 people.

Just heard on the radio that they are considering closing all public schools in Kalifornia, supposed to be an announcement tomorrow.

Many Seattle area ones closed today until end of April.  Costco is 2 days away from being a movie scene....lots of items depleted to the floor....the bread aisle was completely empty....only a couple loves of dark rye left on the end.  I got plenty of beer and wine though and lots of tri tip :)

The LDS Church just announced the suspension of all Church gatherings worldwide.  :mellow:

This is like waking up in the middle of a 50's science fiction movie.  :huh:

Australia PM has announced a "recommendation" (no one will dare ignore that) that as of Monday there should be no planned unessential gatherings over 500 pers.

It doesn't include schools, work or public transport.

It pretty much means no sport, arts or large festivals- food, music, etc.

Not likely to effect most Aussie SASS matches (I dont know of any that would make 500 apart from maybe the Aussie Nationals. Mohawk would know better about that than I).

Uno and I usually go out to eat on Friday nights to celebrate the end of the week.  Nothing fancy, just a night to not cook and get out of the house.  Uno is now saying he doesn't want to do that for a while because of the virus.  Sigh.  :(  Hopefully this will peak soon and things will calm back down again.

3 hours ago, Calamity Kris said:

Uno and I usually go out to eat on Friday nights to celebrate the end of the week.  Nothing fancy, just a night to not cook and get out of the house.  Uno is now saying he doesn't want to do that for a while because of the virus.  Sigh.  :(  Hopefully this will peak soon and things will calm back down again.

I’m just going to suck it up throw caution to the wind and go to lunch with a friend. The virus be damned I am going to shake his hand 

It’s just to buy time....trying to slow the spread initially so they can manage the influx of patients and work on recovery and vaccine.....at least best reason I can think of as it will still exist during and after they close the world’s activities.  It will continue to spread once April ends....not like will be gone by then.  

Howdy,

Talk show with almost no audience.

I didn't watch, wouldn't want to katch whatever he has.

Best

CR

be safe, hope the hot weather ends this bug...….

6 hours ago, Major Crimes said:

Australia PM has announced a "recommendation" (no one will dare ignore that) that as of Monday there should be no planned unessential gatherings over 500 pers.

It doesn't include schools, work or public transport.

It pretty much means no sport, arts or large festivals- food, music, etc.

Not likely to effect most Aussie SASS matches (I dont know of any that would make 500 apart from maybe the Aussie Nationals. Mohawk would know better about that than I).

Yeah. Perfectly safe for 500  to gather..... but God forbid there’s 501. Makes sense. :wacko:

Most schools in Colorado closing until at least the end of the month (pending evaluation at that time).  Since spring break occurs as part of the closure time, students won't lose much time.  Only problem will be for parents who work who have younger kids they can't leave home alone.  Also, no activities available, as they are also closed down!  Grandson #2 works for a major league baseball team.  Spring training cancelled, but he is staying in Arizona.  Grandson #1 is driving from a mid-Western city for a possible job interview in Texas...maybe!  He's NOT flying, however.

Archived