SASS Wire Forum

Hello from MO

Jakeleg

Hello all New member here,and sass member.Litte info I have been shooting/hunting my whole life and cowboy action has always been calling me. I shoot all spectrums I love my single action and leverguns,but also am involved in m.o.s.t  longrange shooting. 

Hey Jakeleg,

Good to hear from you.

Dont be shy...jump right in!

:)

Cat Brules

Not yet,I have talked to a member from Bethany,and I live  between Bethany and Albany MO.Thanks for the welcome.I currently only have big bore lever gun and several in 22 and 22 mag,several Rugers one old model .45 vaquero,but am looking to get started acquiring some new pieces,again thanks

Schedules, weather, coronavirus all make things unsettled for the next few weeks.  Don’t buy anything until you visit several matches.  

Weather permitting we (Southern Missouri Rangers) will have a midweek “Old Coots” shoot near Marshfield next Wednesday, and our regular monthly match on the 4th weekend, the 28th and 29th.  Please visit, meet some friendly cowfolk, shoot some of our guns, get questions answered.

Feel free to send me a personal message anytime. 

Howdy and wrlcome.  On the 2nd and 4th Saturdays you will find the Powder Creek Cowboys in Lenexa, KS, about 2 hours southwest of you.  Come on down!  

http://www.powdercreekcowboys.com/home.html

You will not regret it.  Have a blast!!!  Hope to see you on the range.

Welcome! Good advise above, especially shooting with the Powder Creek Cowboys, great bunch of people, heck I drive 3 hours one way to shoot there!  SCJ

Welcome. Look up Titus A Gnatass, he lives close to you, great guy. Dont buy anything until you have had the chance to talk with experienced cowboys and shot their guns. We are a fun bunch and generous with our stuff. Griff is gonna hate this- Now go get yourself a good hat, which is NOT a requirement.

Imis

Thanks everyone,Thanks for all suggestions,I know I would love meeting you all some time and can’t wait to get some new to me guns I just want to get the right ones.thanks

5 minutes ago, Jakeleg said:

Thanks everyone,Thanks for all suggestions,I know I would love meeting you all some time and can’t wait to get some new to me guns I just want to get the right ones.thank.

Just come to a match and stand behind the loading table officer and you'll get to see every gun on the posse.   If there is more than one posse, switch off in the middle and see even more.  Most will invite you to examine closer and answer questions.   You'll likely be invited to shoot. 

Before you buy, keep in mind that many of us have guns for sale.   Or know someone that's getting out of the game and have guns and equipment for sale.  

5 hours ago, Jakeleg said:

Thanks everyone,Thanks for all suggestions,I know I would love meeting you all some time and can’t wait to get some new to me guns I just want to get the right ones.thanks

Bring 'eyes & ears' and folks will supply the rest.

Might want to bring a bx of 12ga ammo in #7 or 8 shot size.

OLG 

Archived