SASS Wire Forum

Corona Virus

5 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

We're all gonna die anyway!!

If you don't mind I would like to put that off a little longer...Not in a hurry....But do understand it will happen someday...Give me some warning and I will plan for it...Maybe a nice going away party...

Texas Lizard

On 3/10/2020 at 7:03 PM, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

For a brief period there "they" tried to blame Trump.  Then "they" tried to blame Trump for 'not doing anything.'  Then "they" tried to blame Trump for 'not doing enough.'  Then some idiot on the box tried to blame Trump for 'being stupid' for suggesting that people should get flu shots (for the flu, of course!).

Oddly, none of it seems to have stuck....  :rolleyes:

Tom Hanks is heartbroken.  They caught the virus in Australia, and he can't blame Trump for it!  

1 minute ago, McCandless said:

Tom Hanks is heartbroken.  They caught the virus in Australia, and he can't blame Trump for it!  

Hey ~ I saw an article this morning that said some Chinese officials are now claiming that the U S introduced it into China....  :huh:

Here is a link to an article that analyzes the spread of Covid-19.  The veracity of the contents has not been determined.  Certainly the lag time between first symptoms and diagnosis confounds the health authorities.  "So when Wuhan thought it had 444 cases, it had 27 times more."

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca

My sister in law just got back from the supermarket. She needed some rubbing alcohol. Two stores were completely out. And for some reason they were out of toilet paper as well. Bare shelves. This is Nuts!!

8 hours ago, Alpo said:

I remember the swine flu, and we were all going to die.

Five or six years ago - the bird flu, and we were all going to die.

Now it's coronavirus, and we are all going to die.

I don't remember either of those, nor the ebola scare after, shutting down professional sports leagues. I wasn't all that worried yesterday, but now this thing has legs. Those leagues only exist to make money, so that in itself is a pretty big deal. I'm still not overly worried, but I am finding myself a lot more cautious as of late.

41 minutes ago, Grouchy Spike said:

Here is a link to an article that analyzes the spread of Covid-19.  The veracity of the contents has not been determined.  Certainly the lag time between first symptoms and diagnosis confounds the health authorities.  "So when Wuhan thought it had 444 cases, it had 27 times more."

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca

Thanks Spike. That seems like some well thought out scientific data.

1 hour ago, Grouchy Spike said:

Scary - especially if the right people have not already seen this and acted appropriately.

LL

Did anyone stop to think that life itself is 100% fatal? Weird thinking I know, but the way the media and certain pols are hyperventilating as they push the hysteria makes me want to start slapping some folks.  Commuter traffic around here is 1/10 of normal the last two days, and people are losing their sh*t over toilet paper!!

Has anyone actually read the article that Grouchy Spike posted above?

If it is accurate (and it looks pretty solid to me), we have already missed the best opportunities to beat this pandemic.  Basically, we are left with quarantine in an effort to prevent further spread and full overloading of hospitals and healthcare.  

I'm sorry, but I think we have made a major mistake here, both by dismantling our governmental pandemic response structure (thank you Mr. President) and by pooh-poohing serious responses now.  The analysis of the spread statistics seems to confirm that the only way to beat this is to shut everything down at the earliest possible moment - not whatever is convenient or comfortable - everything, now.

I have cancelled all of my upcoming depositions and Court appearances.  I have advised other lawyers that I deal with that I am self-quarantining.  I am hunkered down in the house for the duration.  I only hope that I do not need to seek medical care.  Panicked?  No.  Serious?  Yes.

LL

The State courts in MA just continued all trials to April 17.  They are also banning anyone with travel to half a dozen countries within the last 2 weeks, anyone exposed to the virus, anyone with symptoms, and anyone who has had contact with such persons.  Still clinging to some hope that it will all just go away.  Shut it down, for crying out loud.  The horse has left the barn.

Not having any contact (staying home) with most folks, should keep my exposure down, but I am getting my ass kicked with a really bad cold (wife too). Better than the other alternative for sure!

Sawmill Mary does a lot of knitting.   Several of the stores she shops at now offer curbside service.  Call ahead and make your purchase.  Drive over and they bring it out to you on the parking lot.  I figure this is just a feel good gesture as the product and packing could be contaminated.  

Archived