SASS Wire Forum

Corona Virus

For a brief period there "they" tried to blame Trump.  Then "they" tried to blame Trump for 'not doing anything.'  Then "they" tried to blame Trump for 'not doing enough.'  Then some idiot on the box tried to blame Trump for 'being stupid' for suggesting that people should get flu shots (for the flu, of course!).

Oddly, none of it seems to have stuck....  :rolleyes:

Ah Naaahhh, they keep trying to find ways to blame the President for an infectious .1 micron sized virus that started out in a foreign land halfway round the world. 

Man, they must think he is so powerful! :P

I am taking this time to strongly encourage all the Bernie Bros who have seen their candidate stiffed (second time) to write-in their man on the November ballot.

Just watching the news my wife said this virus coverage is ridiculous. I reminded her that while they were screaming about the Black Corona Plague sky falling, they weren’t talking politics. That’s a good thing.

I'm a sick person.
On my way home today I was trying to think of what to talk about in our weekly safety meeting at work.  I rejected the panic du jour because everyone is tired of the subject and besides, the 1918 Spanish Flu had a much higher mortality rate.
Spanish Influenza...
Monty Python...

Spanish Influenza.jpg

43 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I'm a sick person.
On my way home today I was trying to think of what to talk about in our weekly safety meeting at work.  I rejected the panic du jour because everyone is tired of the subject and besides, the 1918 Spanish Flu had a much higher mortality rate.
Spanish Influenza...
Monty Python...

Spanish Influenza.jpg

I believe the word you’re looking for is “Inquisition “ ;)

With a little simple math, using last night’s statistics, I found that this virus had infected 1.5 thousandth of one percent of the world’s population. 

That is less than two people for every million!!  Most of those are from one small area in China.

The death rate for those infected is three percent. That’s three in every one hundred million people.

just a few figures for your consideration

Drinking one a day will help keep the virus away :P

IMG_20200312_061909_382.jpg

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

The death rate for those infected is three percent.

And the death rate for those who die, is 100%
For me, my age (69) and health conditions puts me at the 8~10% range.

The ongoing stock market crash is providing a huge buying opportunity right now.
Stocks in quality companies are getting trashed.
This crash will blow over, like every other crash.

On 3/10/2020 at 6:48 PM, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Have you noticed how much the political BS has dropped off now that the press has something else to try to scare us to death?  Downright refreshing.

I think it's worse, now the MSM is blaming Trump, his response team, China etc. etc. This hasn't stopped politics in the least!:(

I remember the swine flu, and we were all going to die.

Five or six years ago - the bird flu, and we were all going to die.

Now it's coronavirus, and we are all going to die.

19 minutes ago, Henry T Harrison said:

The best advice I can give is stay out of the hospital they’re full of sick people

I. Wish I could. :(

My youngest is a nursing student at the UC Davis Med center where they found an undetected COVID-19 infected patient.
They quarantined student nurses and staff (124 total), but my kid was not on the infected floor, and not interned.

My wife and I are still recovering from FLU-A, which was relatively mild because we got the FLU-A shot last October.
As "old folks" we are still barking and coughing from the residual lung effects, and will be for another month.

My wife contacted our GP, and got her to send some Prednisone  to assist with her lung problems.
She did this expressly to avoid going into the medical facility (in a mask) and risking more infection.

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

I remember the swine flu, and we were all going to die.

Five or six years ago - the bird flu, and we were all going to die.

Now it's coronavirus, and we are all going to die.

We're all gonna die anyway!!

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I think it's worse, now the MSM is blaming Trump, his response team, China etc. etc. This hasn't stopped politics in the least!:(

The Democrats are playing identify politics and their race card with the virus.
Schumer, Omar and the The Box of Rocks™ are now telling us that not eating Chinese cuisine is racist....

China, being not stupid, has now joined the chorus:  they have started claiming the Wuhan Virus didn't come from Wuhan, it came from somewhere else.
BTW, the flu comes to us every single year.
From China.

127,000 cases worldwide. 4,000 fatalities.  Not exactly the Black Death.

18 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

127,000 cases worldwide. 4,000 fatalities.  Not exactly the Black Death.

127,000 KNOWN cases, I'd bet at least that many unknown cases.

2010, 60 million Americans were infected with the Swine flu , 300,000 hospitalIzed .This flu is nowhere near those numbers, so why is the media hyping this so much? Obama was POTUS then!! Let’s not forget Ebola !! Nowhere near the panic!!

17 000 deaths

4 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

... so why is the media hyping this so much?

The Media is liberal.
They tried to impeach Mr. Trump and failed.
They are now trying to blame Mr. Trump for the Wuhan Virus.

Democrats are well versed in playing identity politics.
Now, they are playing the race card with Chinese cuisine.
China, not being stupid, has joined in the chorus, and now saying the Wuhan Virus didn't originate in Wuhan (it did), and came from somewhere else.

The sole intent of the Democrat party and Democrat media is "beat Trump" in November.
They refuse to do anything for the good of America.

Last month, it was Russian meddling in our elections.
This month it is Schumer telling us it is "racist" to not let illegals vote (and meddle in our elections).

The good news, is there are real buying opportunities for stocks in good companies that are currently on fire sale right now.

2 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I. Wish I could. :(

I just spent five days in the hospital with my wife who was taken by ambulance with pneumonia let’s just say it was a very rough week and she is still recovering 

4 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

127,000 KNOWN cases, I'd bet at least that many unknown cases.

But the number of actual cases is 10 times that number. 
With symptoms that are often less severe than a cold, it would be very easy to underestimate the total number of people that have been infected. 

1 minute ago, Sedalia Dave said:

But the number of actual cases is 10 times that number. 
With symptoms that are often less severe than a cold, it would be very easy to underestimate the total number of people that have been infected. 

I was estimating low, I'm sure you're closer to right and there really is no need for such panic.

Archived