SASS Wire Forum

Women of Memes

I'm no good at "celebrity" recognition. About of hunnert of the memes on the meme thread show a hysterical, angry woman and her companion. A cat seated at a table delivers the punch line. Who are the women/actresses and what movie or TV show did these frames come from?

https://www.businessinsider.com/woman-yelling-at-cat-meme-taylor-amstrong-real-housewives-smudge-2019-12

• 2019 produced several popular internet trends and viral memes, including "woman yelling at a cat," which uses side-by-side photos of a woman yelling and an angry white cat sitting at a table.
  • The cat in the picture is named Smudge, and he's used to getting his own seat at the dinner table, his owner, Miranda Stillabower, told Business Insider. He first appeared on Tumblr in 2018.
  • The woman in the photo — Taylor Armstrong, a former "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" star — told Business Insider that the screenshot of her was from a particularly emotional and stressful time but that she could now look back and "laugh at things and be lighthearted about it."

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/story-behind-popular-woman-yelling-212500694.html

ou’ve seen the viral meme — a split-screen of a blonde-haired woman yelling at a white cat making a face in front of a plate of lettuce. The meme has inspired countless laughs, but the story behind the woman in the meme, Taylor Armstrong, has a very difficult origin.

Dubbed the Woman Yelling at a Cat meme by Know Your Meme, it features Armstrong, a star on the reality TV series “The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” and the white cat, Smudge. Originally two separate images, Twitter user @MISSINGEGIRL spliced Armstrong and Smudge together in May, writing, “These photos together is making me lose it.” The resulting meme — and all its hilarious incarnations — went viral.

I think the “angry” blond is Cameron Diaz

Cat Brules

6 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Thanks for the explanation, SDJ. Since I don't use social media or watch TV I'm simply not up on pop culture like I used to be.

I had also been wondering about who it was and how it came about.  Having someone else ask got be to do a quick search for it.

33 minutes ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Actually, I'm kind of glad that I did not know anything about these folks/cats.  So many things to know, so little time.

LL

What important memory has been lost due to learning this information? I don’t know about you but my hard drive is reaching it’s limit. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

We have a cat that looks just like Smudge, she is often angry/sarcastic when we feed her a plate of lettuce.

Imis

She just needs to go get a good hat.   SCJ

Hey Imis,

I just read a little history about Smudge. Smudge liked to have his own seat at the table. This time, when S's owner slave had company, there were no extra chairs. When someone got up, S took their chair. The disgusted look was because all that was on the plate was green stuff. :lol:

The owner thought the look was so funny, she took a photo and posted it on social media. Someone else, joined it with a photo. The rest is history.

Regards,

Allie

PS Oops! I really should read all of the posts before posting. Sorry, Joe!

Speaking of meme-generating pictures, I'm sure you've all seen the "success baby" below. Apparently his mother is an extremely hardcore liberal and has actually taken legal action against people who use his image to create conservative-themed memes. :rolleyes:

https://time.com/5773061/success-kid-meme-steve-king/

image.jpg

Archived