SASS Wire Forum

Why do some people...

I had some issues at work the other day and I'm trying to figure out a certain type of person. Why do some people plant themselves in your business? They also feel the need to police matters that have nothing to do with them? Some comparisons:

*Someone doesn't like something I say(nothing hurtful or about a specific person) they go "tattle" and talk about how I shouldn't utilize my free speech. I on the other hand hear someone say something I don't like that isn't directed to me. I mind my own business.

*Someone thinks people shouldn't wear black shoes. They publicly denounce black shoes and say everyone that wears black shoes is a (fill in the blank with whatever you like). If I think people should not wear black shoes. I think to myself, boy he shouldn't wear those goofy shoes(while keeping my mouth shut).

*Someone thinks people are getting fat because of nanner splits. They try to convince everybody not to eat nanner splits. Maybe even outlaw nanner splits in the city limits. I see an overweight person eating a nanner split. I think, that's probably a bad choice but it's their choice. Then I get another nanner split for the road.

Why the big difference in some people? Is it a purely political thing that makes people act the way their party is supposed to? Or is it a personality trait some people have that puts them in a certain political party to fit in? 

Sounds like they are too full of themselves and were never taught to mind their own business.  When they stick their nose in your business, smack them on said nose with a newspaper, put them in their place and go on with your life.

Either that or they hate you, are actively plotting against you (probably with Widder) and are doing it just to get on your nerves.:P

I'm going out on a limb with this, but it sounds to me like these folks are unhappy with their own lives so they need to find something "wrong" with yours so they can feel better about themselves.  I have a relative like that...............

Good luck and enjoy another nanner split.  :D

21 minutes ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

Sounds like they are too full of themselves and were never taught to mind their own business.  When they stick their nose in your business, smack them on said nose with a newspaper, put them in their place and go on with your life.

Either that or they hate you, are actively plotting against you (probably with Widder) and are doing it just to get on your nerves.:P

I think every bit of it is true!

If it was 20 or 30 years ago we could get away with a good smack on the honker. Of course, back then we wouldn't have needed to do it. Coincidence?

TN,

sounds like your breakfast biscuit wasn't fully cooked this morning.

You ask a good question.  I just don't have a good answer.

Some folks think they not only have the right to judge your freedom of speech, but also

the right to hinder your rights by exercising theirs.

Then ya got folks that will exercise their rights to ensure you maintain the right to exercise your

rights without being overly judgmental or do anything to hinder your rights.

Within this type of thinking, we all gotta remember that we don't have unlimited or unbridled

rights to do harm to others.

Yet, when and if I exercise my rights to hinder some of your rights, I need to realize that in a manner

of speaking, I am doing you harm in restricting some of your rights.    Hope that makes sense.

If eating a bad, uncooked steak biscuit this morning has ruin your day, go have a Nanner Split

on ole Widder...... and keep getting fat..... :lol:

..........Widder

46 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

If it was 20 or 30 years ago we could get away with a good smack on the honker. Of course, back then we wouldn't have needed to do it. Coincidence?

I've noticed the same thing.

Guess it ain't just me that thinks that .  Folks pull stunts like that because they know that there won't be consequences for it.

My suggestion about the newspaper was metaphorical, by the way. Tearing them a new one verbally tends to work fine since they ain't used to facing opposition.

The next time this person starts to criticize you, pull out your cellphone and start making a video of them.  Don’t say a word, just keep the camera running until they are gone.  Repeat whenever they approach you.  I bet they quit pretty quick.  

You don’t have to make any comments about what you might do with the videos.  Their imagination will take care of that.

TN,

I been pondering your thread and wanted to give you a good example that might

help you understand your inquiry.

Lets say that I tell you your clothes are getting a little tight, probably cause you are

consuming too many Nanner Splits.   This is o.k. 

BUT, if I were to say that you were becoming a fat, Nanner Split eating lazy slob, then this

would not be good because the Nanner Split could probably sue me for Defamation

of Character based on Association.

:lol:

..........Widder

3 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

Robert A. Heinlein said "An armed society is a polite society."

Free speech really doesn't float on private property (like a place of business).

(And) Work isn't the best place to profess controversial views (unless you are a news editor and it is your job to provoke people).

You see this all the time with entertainment/sports celebrities and you just have to wonder what they are thinking. 

No matter what the position … for some topics … probably about half of the other people in the world will not appreciate it.

They will lose friends; fans; their job … etc …

There will be issues … :mellow:

4 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

I had some issues at work the other day and I'm trying to figure out a certain type of person. Why do some people plant themselves in your business? They also feel the need to police matters that have nothing to do with them? Some comparisons:

*Someone doesn't like something I say(nothing hurtful or about a specific person) they go "tattle" and talk about how I shouldn't utilize my free speech. I on the other hand hear someone say something I don't like that isn't directed to me. I mind my own business.

*Someone thinks people shouldn't wear black shoes. They publicly denounce black shoes and say everyone that wears black shoes is a (fill in the blank with whatever you like). If I think people should not wear black shoes. I think to myself, boy he shouldn't wear those goofy shoes(while keeping my mouth shut).

*Someone thinks people are getting fat because of nanner splits. They try to convince everybody not to eat nanner splits. Maybe even outlaw nanner splits in the city limits. I see an overweight person eating a nanner split. I think, that's probably a bad choice but it's their choice. Then I get another nanner split for the road.

Why the big difference in some people? Is it a purely political thing that makes people act the way their party is supposed to? Or is it a personality trait some people have that puts them in a certain political party to fit in? 

Yes and yes.

3 minutes ago, J. Mark Flint #31954 LIFE said:

Well done!  I reported yours.

And can we go with pistachio ignorant?  I am tired of the plain ignorants

Well, since there are a lot of folks allergic to nuts...

Yes, we'll go with Pistachio ignorant.

Live above and beyond those that are stupid, angry, self-centered, wrong and/or crazy.

Took me years to learn this, but it works.

The Bible teaches of a relationship beyond the effects of others.

Healthy relationships, especially close ones, are daily places to focus on.

Those others can go pound sand while I enjoy life.

10 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Some people are just plain ignorant. 

Ignorance  is bliss until  you  become  aware  of  it.

7 hours ago, Patagonia Pete said:

Free speech really doesn't float on private property (like a place of business).

Actually it floats pretty good where I work since it is up to the business/property owner to say who gets the "free speech".

(And) Work isn't the best place to profess controversial views (unless you are a news editor and it is your job to provoke people).

You see this all the time with entertainment/sports celebrities and you just have to wonder what they are thinking. 

No matter what the position … for some topics … probably about half of the other people in the world will not appreciate it.

They will lose friends; fans; their job … etc …

There will be issues … :mellow:

The controversial views in question was what I was currently working on while restoring my car at break time in the lunch room to a fellow car guy. The point of and question of my post was to ask why some people feel it is their responsibility to insert themselves and try to dictate where and what someone talks about even when they have no clue as to what's going on.

I don't know as far as losing friends, and fans, etc but my guess is, if I have that big of a difference in opinion on basic fundamental topics(if we are discussing controversial stuff) then chances are we wouldn't have been friends anyway. Don't get me wrong, I can be friendly with almost anybody. Being friends is a different matter.

Archived