SASS Wire Forum

Long Range

Yul Lose

Anybody else reading Long Range by C J Box? It’s the latest Wyoming game warden Joe Picket book and IMHO, one of his best ever. Turns into a real page turner.

I've not read these at all.

How do they compare with the Longmire books? Are they as good? Better?

I need me some new reading material.

I get the feeling I may be spending my lunch money on books this week...

35 minutes ago, Diabolical Dave said:

I've not read these at all.

How do they compare with the Longmire books? Are they as good? Better?

I need me some new reading material.

I get the feeling I may be spending my lunch money on books this week...

IMHO, every bit as good as Longmire.

24 minutes ago, Rex M Rugers #6621 said:

This one snuck up on me. Will have to check the library tomorrow. I used to stay up on when a new one was coming out , missed this one.

Rex :D

You’ll like it once you get into it a ways. Quite a few twists and turns.

Finished this book the other night and IMHO, it’s one of his best yet.

How long does it take for one of his stories to get good?

I have good books, and I have lousy books. And I have so many books I have difficulty remembering what they are about. This makes it hard when you're trying to find one to reread. So I have a library file. All of my books are listed, and after finishing one I make myself notes, so did THAT if I'm thinking about re-reading it again some years down the road, I checked my notes to see if it's worth it.

My notes about Joe Pickett.

1, Open Season. I've got to chapter 15 of this thing, which I have been told is one of the best damn books ever written, and I'm having to force myself to read it. Maybe I'll come back to it.

Now, some books take a while to get good. Some drag, and then all of a sudden you can't put them down.

When does he get good?

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

How long does it take for one of his stories to get good?

I have good books, and I have lousy books. And I have so many books I have difficulty remembering what they are about. This makes it hard when you're trying to find one to reread. So I have a library file. All of my books are listed, and after finishing one I make myself notes, so did THAT if I'm thinking about re-reading it again some years down the road, I checked my notes to see if it's worth it.

My notes about Joe Pickett.

1, Open Season. I've got to chapter 15 of this thing, which I have been told is one of the best damn books ever written, and I'm having to force myself to read it. Maybe I'll come back to it.

Now, some books take a while to get good. Some drag, and then all of a sudden you can't put them down.

When does he get good?

Different strokes for different folks ,I guess. By chapter three it was good and then it just grew. Open Season was a good read but not like this one. It may not be your cup of tea but I enjoyed it, being different is okay, for the time being, I guess.

My wife bought it for me last week. I am in the middle of another book, so it is sitting and waiting. I have read everything he has written and love his style and subjects.

Archived