SASS Wire Forum

SOLD Henry Hop Eliminator

Flinch Lock

• Flinch Lock changed the title to FS Henry Hop Eliminator

The brass pin serves as a travel stop when it meets the brass frame portion of the loading tube spring channel.  This prevents the dowel from travelling into the elevator (like a loaded round) and seizing the action up.  I cut a bevel on the side of the dowel opposite the pin side of the dowel on mine to allow the elevator to easily slide past the dowel end otherwise it hits the dowel end and cannot . The action is locked up. This bevel allows the elevator to slide past the dowel  also pushing the dowel slightly back into the loading tube on its downward travel and allowing the elevator to drop entirely to the bottom of the lever throw. If a reload is necessary this allows the elevator which is all the way to the top when the lever is activated full throw to be pushed down with a finger to allow a round to be inserted into the chamber.

Grizz

Flinch,

I will take one. Please pm me for gold details.

Jax T

These make shooting a Henry just a might easier. Helps to avoid the "hop".

If you shoot a Henry I'd get one of these.

Flinch Lock's magazine stick looks good! :D

What the heck, I have a Henry, so I'll take one.

Just noticed this. Are you selling them or do you only have the one? If you are making more, then yeah sign me up for one.

Actually never mind. A good friend just made me one just like it so I’m good to go. 

Flinch, I will take one. Will pick it up next time I see you. Might be this weekend at Briggsdale. Thanks LBF

9 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

These make shooting a Henry just a might easier. Helps to avoid the "hop".

If you shoot a Henry I'd get one of these.

Flinch Lock's magazine stick looks good! :D

It won't help you big brother... Ya still will suck. ;)

Three or so Lustrum ago, when I first put "Stick" out there for the Henry World, I did include a pin at each end so Fumble Fingers MacGurk wouldn't have a problem with a jammed rifle.  I also added a 45 Squirt cartridge case to each end so the rod would run freely in the tube.  A plain wood dowel will tend to pick up a little oil and stick to the side of the mag tube.  Way back, I also sent a copy of "Stick" to Driftwood Johnson.  Driftwood copied "Stick" in Delrin which is really slick stuff.

Original reason for "Stick" was to prevent magazine discharges when Fumble Fingers lost control of the follower.

Archived