SASS Wire Forum

Corona Virus Humor

Yul Lose

I had to pick up some primer and paint at a auto body supply store in Escondido on Thursday and when I got there nearly all of the  guys up at the counter were all wearing dust masks. I got my primer and paint off of the shelf and took them up to the counter and the only guy not wearing a mask started waiting on me and then told me to hold on a second and went and put on a dust mask. When he got back to me he said “Bosses orders” and proceeded to process my purchase. Just then another customer showed up in a big lifted truck and jumps down and hurried into the store and rather excitedly asks where the dust masks are. One of the counter guys said “We’re all out, some lady came in last week and bought every dust mask we had in stock” without missing a beat the customer said “It looks like your wearing all of them” and ran out of the store jumped up into his truck and took off. From what I’ve read about the Corona virus one of these dust masks offers absolutely no protection against the virus.

2 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

I had to pick up some primer and paint at a auto body supply store in Escondido on Thursday and when I got there nearly all of the  guys up at the counter were all wearing dust masks. I got my primer and paint off of the shelf and took them up to the counter and the only guy not wearing a mask started waiting on me and then told me to hold on a second and went and put on a dust mask. When he got back to me he said “Bosses orders” and proceeded to process my purchase. Just then another customer showed up in a big lifted truck and jumps down and hurried into the store and rather excitedly asks where the dust masks are. One of the counter guys said “We’re all out, some lady came in last week and bought every dust mask we had in stock” without missing a beat the customer said “It looks like your wearing all of them” and ran out of the store jumped up into his truck and took off. From what I’ve read about the Corona virus one of these dust masks offers absolutely no protection against the virus.

It only provides protection to to other people if YOU have symptoms, so I'm told by every doctor on TV!

Yul and Rye are right.

Everything I've read and heard indicates that not only do the masks NOT prevent getting the virus, but when worn, most people do not use them properly thus exposing themselves anyway.

https://www.businessinsider.com/wuhan-coronavirus-face-masks-not-entirely-effective-2020-1

As for the shortage, that is true and a real shame, as those who may need them are unable to get them unless they pay a heavy price.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/amazon-coronavirus-face-mask-price-gouging-shortages/

Sort of like when the hurricanes threaten here in Florida and now plywood and generators go for extremely high prices, gouging citizens in need.

The other day I quickly ran into the household supplies section of our  local hardware stores.

I asked the woman employee standing nearby, what they had remaining in stock, that helps stop the spread of viruses.

She said "Ammonia cleaner"

I said " Sorry, I thought you worked here"

Saw a guy at Ace Hardware Saturday wearing a GI gas mask without lenses, probably Vietnam vintage, and elbow length pink  rubber gloves.  He had a sign hanging around his neck reading "Hell, yes, I'm taking the Corona virus epidemic seriously."

You never heard so much laughter in a hardware store in you life.

The fear has sure cut into the crowds at the Elks Opera House Theater.  Our attendance at the Friday night Reba McIntyre tribute show was down about 25%

Do you wear a mask if you're sick or to prevent getting sick? Doesn't matter because no masks can be found? SOLUTION! Grow a mustache! Sprinkle a little 100 proof Vodka on the mustache to kill any inhaled or exhaled viruses!  Works for the older grandmas too!

What all these people are overlooking is that people that have the Corona Virus are contagious 3 to 5 days BEFORE they have any symptoms.  The same is true for run of the mill influenza.

Archived