SASS Wire Forum

Winter Range...

Old Man Graybeard

This was my first time to Winter Range. A good time???  I had a blast. I was there way early. I helped with the last work day. I was there before anything even started to look like a match was going to happen. I helped with the first three days of setting up. I really think my experience was enhanced by doing that. I met a great bunch of people. A lot of people have no idea what goes into putting on a match like that. I now have a much better idea and even more respect for the people that work so hard to put on a great match...at any level...but especially on the national level. Am I a great shooter? No. I am average or below. But there was a great variety and from simple stages to stages you have to think about. I think everyone if they have a chance should go early and at least help with the setup. It really helped my personal experience of Winter Range and gave me a lot of respect for all the people that work so hard all year to put on a great match like this. A big thank you to all the Rough Riders and Rangers for the experience. Along with learning more about what it takes to put on a match like this...those hard working people could use the extra help. There are only three permanent structures. Everything else is put together in just a few days. It is an amazing experience to see everything come together. And a lot of other detail to making everything look good. Again...my heartfelt thank you for a great experience. I hope to be able to do it again in several years.

I not only enjoyed it...but learned a few things along with meeting a lot of good people 

Thank you for helping and learning.  I am just there to enjoy and shoot.  I appreciate you and all those that make the match special.  

Legendary Lawman...OMG is what a lot of people call me...and that is what I had on my old wooden gun cart. And it was great meeting and shooting with you and Serenity. I had a wonderful time at all the shoots I went to while I was in the Phoenix area. Gathering of the Posses and Fire and Ice as well as the Arizona Wild Bunch championship were all a lot of fun and great matches...even with the rain on Saturday of Fire and Ice.

Thank you for all the hard work to put on a National Championship.  You are all an extremely dedicated group and the whole family appreciates it.  

OMG......Thank You for your help.!!! It is so nice to have folks like you who are dedicated to making a great match for our Cowboy friends from far and wide.  You are a fine Ranger, and I am looking forward to you joining our Ranger and Volunteer family next year! 

Cheers and Thanks!

Blackjack Zak...thank you very much. It will probably be a few years before I get back down there. Have to wait until my wife can retire before I make another long trip. But I thoroughly enjoyed myself and meeting everyone that was around there.

Archived