SASS Wire Forum

Off again

Utah Bob #35998

Ensconced in the Super 8 in Shawnee OK. Rained pretty much all the way from Moriarty. 

Got engaged in a mostly political argument with myself about 10 am. Pissed myself off so I gave me the silent treatment for about an hour.
Then the radio ( thank goodness for Sirius. The channels don’t fade out) played Janis Joplin. I always wondered about the popularity of a singer who sounded pretty much like a bag lady on whiskey and meth. So I started to sing along with Me and Bobby Magee, but then I decided, for no good reason, to change many key words so they started with a B, thusly.

Busted blat in Baton Bouge, baitin for a brain

And I’s bealin bout as baded as my beans

Bobby bhumed a biesel down, just before it bained

It bode us all the way to Bew Orleans

I bulled my barpoon out of my birty bed bandanna

I was blayin soft while Bobby bang the blues

Bindshield bipers blappin time, I was boldin Bobby’s band in mine

We bang every bong that biver bew

Then I realized that I sounded a bit like Eddie Murray doing Buckwheat so as I was approaching Amarillo I started to change the lyrics from Amarillo by Morning.. But that’s another story.

The wind picked up around Elk City Oklahoma so I was kept alert by the Adrenalin rush of passing big rigs who were wandering across 3 lanes in the breeze.

Travel Tip #14: Do not attempt to eat a meatball sub or a pulled pork sammich while driving. It probably won’t end well.

Traveling alone ain’t so bad. Ya just have to know which voices to listen to.

So that was my day. Topped off with a Denny’s BLT.

That’s the ticket!  Always order something that’s (almost) impossible to screw up!

Be careful.

Cat Brules

Up at 0 dark thirty because of the time change. First hour of driving was rough. 

Rained all the way from Shawnee OK to Little Rock. Finally let up and it was dry when I got to Dickson, just outside Nashville. Then it started raining here too. Hope to make it to Charlotte before dinner hour tomorrow. My sister in law is making lasagna.

6 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Up at 0 dark thirty because of the time change. First hour of driving was rough. 

Rained all the way from Shawnee OK to Little Rock. Finally let up and it was dry when I got to Dickson, just outside Nashville. Then it started raining here too. Hope to make it to Charlotte before dinner hour tomorrow. My sister in law is making lasagna.

With an early start, you'll be there in plenty of time for dinner.  Safe travel.

There is light rain in East Tennessee today.  We hope that you have a safe, uneventful trip to Charlotte.

Our prayers are with you two.

Duffield

Hit the road about sunrise. I forgot I was still in the Central time zone so I lost an hour immediately. Light drizzle and I was making good time for about 8 miles. The the traffic was stop and go all the way through Nashville. Saw some of the tornado damage. My heart goes out the the people there.

Went through Nashville, Knocksville, Asheville, and a lot of other villes. Got into Shallot just in time for rush hour and the street I was gonna take was closed! But I managed to find my way to the apartment by dead reckoning and blind luck.

My sweetie is doing much better than when I left! Her energy level is up and she’s smiling a lot.  :wub:.
Next therapy appointment is on the 23rd.
Looks like spring here.

I drank waaay too much coffee yesterday.

I’m glad to hear Carol is feeling well upon your return to Charlotte,.  

I know you are relieved to find her feeling better and that the long drive is over.
Praying for and thinking of you both from the California Central Coast!

Cat Brules

Hope and Pray she has more GOOD days than bad while on the trip.

Urban Haiku.

No mountain skyline

Pastures of asphalt

The cattle are all hipsters

The view out the window here. We are surrounded by concrete and Millenials. :(

D546C62E-5148-457F-8E2E-A4DEA90CB1B1.jpeg

Archived