SASS Wire Forum

Old-Time Saloonatics?

I’m still here, dammit!!  WHADDYA WANT?!!
Are you buy’n?!   Grrr!    C’mon in!!

image.jpeg.e67a7d3f54cb1e8b72a92a5fdef2c041.jpeg

Cat Brules

7 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Yep, ain't much changed.  Just a few name  and faces are gone and new blood has been brought in to fill the gaps.

Where you been?

Been out and about.  I've been thinking lately knocking the dust of my guns and picking them up again.  If I do, I think I might try gunfighter.  Very, very, slowly.   Bottles, Blue Agave please?  And, put it on Flint Westwood's tab. 

I heard that he was on his way out to go trout hunting one time, spilled some Bowman's 25 on his mustache, and his seegar set it afire. He wuz tryin' to get it put out, so he weren't looking where he was going, tripped and fell in the 3x.

And the hogs ate him.

I’m fairly new here and get a real kick out of those that hang out here.  SCJ

I remember, years ago, when the Wire was new there were quite a few characters here in the Saloon. Then one day in the mid 2000’s something changed and I bailed. (I will leave out the details as they don’t matter and neither do the folks that became that change, to me, anyways)

There are a couple of folks here that remember the “good ol’ days” and there are people here now creating the new “good ol’ days”.

Welcome back, Spiffy Star. :)

19 hours ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

There is a name I havent heard in a long time.  What ever happened to Flint?

BTW, Howdy Spiffy.

Which one? IIRC there Flint McCloud and Flint Westwood?

JHC

Spiffy Starr???

Why... We thought you was dead!  :lol:

No... wait... or was that Jacob McCandles?  :rolleyes:

A refreshing voice from the past.  Welcome back, Ms Spiffy~!  ^_^

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I remember, years ago, when the Wire was new there were quite a few characters here in the Saloon. Then one day in the mid 2000’s something changed and I bailed. (I will leave out the details as they don’t matter and neither do the folks that became that change, to me, anyways)

There are a couple of folks here that remember the “good ol’ days” and there are people here now creating the new “good ol’ days”.

Welcome back, Spiffy Star. :)

Thank you Pat!  I hope you are doing well.  So much has changed since the late 90s and early 2000s.  I remember the great adventures we had in Toostone, with Flint, Mayo, Sierra Jack, Castalia, Patches, Tex Boden, Dookie, Swede D, Black Harris. Chip, and so many more.  It was a fun place to be when "real life" got to be too much.

14 minutes ago, Cliff Hanger #3720LR said:

Still here but not much of the old toostone saloon has survived.

IT lives here some what on an old external hard drive.t

5 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Spiffy Starr???

Why... We thought you was dead!  :lol:

No... wait... or was that Jacob McCandles?  :rolleyes:

A refreshing voice from the past.  Welcome back, Ms Spiffy~!  ^_^

Hello!!  Wonderful voices from the past.  It's good to see that you are still around!  

Long ago I shot on the Wire posse with Pat and Mayo and several other n'er do wells that don't seem to be here anymore. Y'all remember Gunny Sackett setting props on fire with his black powder? :D That was a shinin' time. Gunny and Duke Chism rode over the divide already. :(

JHC

9 hours ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Long ago I shot on the Wire posse with Pat and Mayo and several other n'er do wells that don't seem to be here anymore. Y'all remember Gunny Sackett setting props on fire with his black powder? :D That was a shinin' time. Gunny and Duke Chism rode over the divide already. :(

JHC

I remember dear Gunny and Duke.  They were fine gentlemen.  Gone too soon.  

It was right there at those tables in the Saloon where we used to play "a hand or twa", and Swede would try to slip in his Old Maid cards.   The bottle of corks was kept behind the bar... and the Nursefyin' Nuns had quite the place, (I've heard) on the second floor.

Bottles, some Baileys in my coffee please?

27 minutes ago, Spiffy Starr, SASS #28337 said:

Handsome as ever.

You are looking well and prosperous!

That is secret code for “still alive and getting fatter.” Lol.

(With hat removed, and turning it round and round whilst looking sheepish)

why... ahhhh.... Howdy Miss Spiffy. You got a hug fer ol Chip?  It's been ages since I stopped by the Saloon. Sure am glad I came by tonight. 
I've dropped in on occasion, but never can find many of the old Saloonatics (ACS) 

We had many a grand time here, sure do miss those days.

I've been on here since around 2000 or 2001.  Once my entire profile got deleted and I had to start over, so I've probably made 1000 or so posts more than what it shows.  That said, the vast majority of them were in the early 2000s.

12 hours ago, Chip Tosser SASS#27040L said:

(With hat removed, and turning it round and round whilst looking sheepish)

why... ahhhh.... Howdy Miss Spiffy. You got a hug fer ol Chip?  It's been ages since I stopped by the Saloon. Sure am glad I came by tonight. 
I've dropped in on occasion, but never can find many of the old Saloonatics (ACS) 

We had many a grand time here, sure do miss those days.

Howdy Chip! I figgered the hogs et you. Good to see ya.

JHC

I still lurk around. About the only thing I can get away with anymore.  Sierra Jack took up an old passion, music and picked up a new one, grandkids. You can hear him on the radio the next time you get near LaCrosse.  Got a shout from Flint when I was in Californy a year back. He has been working with vets, taking them fishing. I keep meaning to get my guns out but life keeps getting in the way.  Good to see you are still on top of the sod. 

Wow....Black Harris! Miss him , especially his avatar! Lots of us had information lost, deleted and post histories changed when they went to a new program for the Forum years ago.

Archived