SASS Wire Forum

Daylight savings coming up Mar 8

50 minutes ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

I hate it! We should be on the same time ALL year...take your pick, one or the other.

The Utah officials are debating just that. I think they are leaning to keeping the DST year-round.

Rex :D

27 minutes ago, Rex M Rugers #6621 said:

The Utah officials are debating just that. I think they are leaning to keeping the DST year-round.

The whole country should be doing the same.

1 hour ago, Rex M Rugers #6621 said:

Been discussed for Colorado, too.  What gets really weird is the fact that Arizona doesn't change, so when Colorado is on DST, Arizona is an hour behind. During the winter, they are on the same time as Colorado,. :wacko:

4 hours ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

I hate it! We should be on the same time ALL year...take your pick, one or the other.

WA passed a bill last year that would put us on DST year-round. I believe CA and OR did the same and BC, Canada promised to follow suit if we can get Congress to approve it. Unfortunately as we all know they're too busy with impeachments, viruses, and gun control to be worried about it.

It comes up every year and the "do nothing officials", do what they do best! NOTHING!!

2 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Not here, 'tain't.  HA!

Yep, it's true, no DST in the Arizona Territory. :P:D

On 3/6/2020 at 7:31 AM, Rex M Rugers #6621 said:

Well, now, that's bassackwards.  Do away with "day light savings time" altogether.

If you want more time at one end or the other, change YOUR work schedule rather than conflicting with the rest of the world.

Howdy,

I hear Illinois is considering this might be the LAST change.

I vote 'about time".

Best

CR

Ifn ya got two fellas facing each other, which one is backwards??

On 3/7/2020 at 12:49 PM, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Well, now, that's bassackwards.  Do away with "day light savings time" altogether.

If you want more time at one end or the other, change YOUR work schedule rather than conflicting with the rest of the world.

10-4 to 4T.  My sentiments exactly!

On 3/7/2020 at 3:49 PM, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

You want congress to change its work schedule?  First they must determine what hours they actually work.

This from timedate.com.

Clocks in the German Empire, and its ally Austria, were turned ahead by one hour on April 30, 1916—2 years into World War I. The rationale was to minimize the use of artificial lighting to save fuel for the war effort. Within a few weeks, the idea was followed by the United Kingdom, France, and many other countries.

So now we continue to do something with no rational reason.  

Archived