SASS Wire Forum

SKB for CAS

Texas ShaDi

I recently purchased an SKB 100 and was wondering what mods are recommended to get it set up for cas?  Barrel length?

Congrats!

22" barrel. Send it off to a gunsmith and have it converted to mechanical reset and slicked up. Fast Eddie is well spoken of. Boomstick Jay does good work too. There are a few others that aren't coming to me right now.

1 hour ago, Texas ShaDi said:

I recently purchased an SKB 100 and was wondering what mods are recommended to get it set up for cas?  Barrel length?

Sent ya a PM.

Kajun

1 minute ago, Cowboy Junky said:

Polish the chambers, lighten the main springs and funnel the chambers from 9 - 3. Shape the extractor at the top to assist in loading by making it shaped kinda' like a triangle. Also you can add a bigger bead back after you cut it. IMO depending on how you open the gun there may be no advantage for longer bbls. I cut mine to 18 and they are easier to get in & out of windows and the pattern is better for the close targets we shoot in SASS. 

The only drawback of that would be if your letting the gun open itself then the longer bbls have value. Even then they cock so lightly a flick of the wrist is all you need to cock it with one hand. 

The gun smiths have this down and don't charge much to do it and by the time you buy the screwdrivers etc to get in it you won't save much but if you like doing things yourself it might be worth it. 

Archived