SASS Wire Forum

High, Low, Jack, and Game!

Subdeacon Joe

3 hours ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

Philistine!:P

foys-mild-16.jpg

...... perhaps; ....... but I'm of the conviction that b-b-q sauce is made from the stuff they scrape up off the floor at end-of-day cleanup

:ph34r:

1 minute ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

...... perhaps; ....... but I'm of the conviction that b-b-q sauce is made from the stuff they scrape up off the floor at end-of-day cleanup

Oh no...you, Sir,  have been mislead. Whoever told you that has a special place in hell waiting for them. 

Barbecue sauce is what gives certain meats heavenly flavor. 

My favorite is Memphis barbecue but they are all good. 

19 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

You need to find a better source of BBQ sauce.

Salt and pepper on a good steak, (in moderation of course) but spices and sauces are what sets some dishes off!!  Sometimes you cook with them and sometimes you add them when the dish is served!!

Different BBQ sauces add variety to the different preparations!!

Just now, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

be adventurous .... smear a little Vegemite on it ;)

Is there a recipe that exists that makes Vegemite palatable!!  :unsure:  :lol:

........... small quantity smeared on b-b-q'd meat.  :P

You’re saying small but you mean minuscule???

........... small quantity smeared on b-b-q'd meat.  :P

Yep.  Or mixed with a little soy sauce and sprinkled on it.

Vegemite is also good mixed in with sour cream or plain yogurt and used as a dip for potato crisps (chips here in the States).  Or on baked potatoes.  

I've also mixed it into cream cheese along with some 

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcTw3-eErGL5x8e6I669_Qs-U9raXm7rDRjW8NHVspZ-ZiLCiGC5c9Pd6V70BuxB0_wnOtr0uuhIrvljp6NC-6nEtCcLWr1FKn-nWoXATOUsNyil_FdzJJqJQA&usqp=CAE

for sandwiches.

7 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

You’re saying small but you mean minuscule???

start small and work yer way up .............

.............................................................. or, be brave and dive in the deep end.  ;)

56 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

It depends on where you are.  In the South, there's a slightly different style sauce in every different little town.  Thin, thick, sweet, spicy, made with ketchup, mustard, or even mayonnaise, etc... what you are looking for might be just a little ways down the road.

The bottle pictured is a local brand that's not available in stores more than about 50 miles from where it's bottled.  It has a mustard and slight vinegary base with some spicy heat.  It looks a lot like the sweet mustard sauces of the Carloinas but is thinner and spicier.

43 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Salt and pepper on a good steak, (in moderation of course) but spices and sauces are what sets some dishes off!!  Sometimes you cook with them and sometimes you add them when the dish is served!!

Different BBQ sauces add variety to the different preparations!!

For grilled pork amd poultry,  I'm a fan of dry rubs.

There's a little outfit in FL that makes a rub called Bad Byron's Butt Rub that's available locally that's really my go to for both.

Archived