SASS Wire Forum

No Offense

Wyatt

I’ll guarantee the trip to the range was much more dangerous than any viruses you might catch at the range! 

7 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I’ll guarantee the trip to the range was much more dangerous than any viruses you might catch at the range! 

Howdy Hoss.

But..... sometimes we can dodge a bad situation or slow down at OUR green light when another driver

runs thru their red light.

Ya can't do that with a virus.

Because we are aware of health situations, common sense would dictate that we take common 

precautions.

..........Widder

22 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Any of us who might be immunocompromised and/or immunosuppressed (due to disease or medications) are extremely at risk...particularly to new strains of viruses or infections.

Limiting physical contact (e.g. by wearing gloves or masks) would be a "common sense" precaution under those circumstances.

Having already experienced GPA, pneumonia, MRSA, BK, E.coli, and parvo, I personally have no desire to become another CDC statistic.

No offense....but I'm not shaking any ones hand at this point. There's a large match in a couple of weeks. I hope they understand, but if they don't...oh well. My health is more important than a token greeting. I don't know where they've been and they don't know where I've been. The folks who know me will understand.

i wont make light of any threat of illness - i think the older of us and very young need to be concerned but , the more common flue is killing a lot more so far , 

i think eventually we will look back at the hype and compare it to Y2K more than the medieval plague , but im not a doctor and i dont play one on TV - i play cowboy when i can , we all wash our hands at the range when shooting , keep up the common sense , but by all means wear gloves if you wish - ill not be put off by them , 

I heard some silliness on the radio yesterday that instead of shaking hands or fist bumps people are “bumping feet”. :blink:

Sorry, but the Minnesota Senator’s restroom stall greeting method just ain’t happening with me. 

My response to people that want to shake hands that obviously have a cold or flu has always been simple. 
“Thank you, but I hope you’ll understand if I don’t shake your hand. I am very happy to see you.” 

11 hours ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

Any of us who might be immunocompromised and/or immunosuppressed (due to disease or medications) are extremely at risk...particularly to new strains of viruses or infections.

Limiting physical contact (e.g. by wearing gloves or masks) would be a "common sense" precaution under those circumstances.

Having already experienced GPA, pneumonia, MRSA, BK, E.coli, and parvo, I personally have no desire to become another CDC statistic.

It sounds like you're already a CDC anomaly, Sir!

Many of us aren't aware of prevalent health issues of our Cowboy Pards.

Sure, we see request for Prayers because of certain situations with some Pards,  but

when it gets right down to it, we probably aren't aware of bad situations most of us

face.

Therefore, I will not be offended should a Pard decide not to shake hands or hug, etc......

I have a good Cowboy Pard who has to be VERY CAUTIOUS around anyone who might be

munchin on peanuts (or Pnut products) because the very dust of the nuts could put one

of his family members in a serious health situation.   

I've never ask but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't use his compressor to blow his

clothing off before entering his house if he thinks he's been 'contaminated' with Pnut

particles.

Should I ever meet PWB, he will have my utmost respect with just sharing a hearty "HI" and

a gracious smile.

..........Widder

My company sent out a memo about prevention and made a point to mind one's personal hygiene. Despite that one of our larger, fatter employees came to work yesterday coughing, sneezing and wheezing right out in the open with no thought at all. If they show up again today we're probably going to rope them to a chair and duct-tape their mouth shut. :angry:

15 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

But..... sometimes we can dodge a bad situation or slow down at OUR green light when another driver

runs thru their red light.

Indeed.
We were on the way to Dairy Queen the other night.
Our light turned green, and Wrongway (driving) says to me, "Wait for it..."
We sat a few seconds at our green light, when a jackass runs the red light at 60 mph.

So far... more people have died trying to prosecute Hillary Clinton, than have died from COVID-19.

I have a bottle of hand sanitizer with a push spout in my truck and every time I get in it when I'm in town, I use it.  Last Sunday I went to my grandson's hockey game and when entering the arena a guy coughed in his hand and then reached for the door handle with it.  I was right behind him quickly grabbed the door before it closed so I wouldn't have to touch that door handle.

I read a while back that the worst place in the U.S. for catching something was in Las Vegas. Every door handle on Fremont St and the Strip has been touched by people from all over the world.  I guess one could say the same for international airports.

1 hour ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

My company sent out a memo about prevention and made a point to mind one's personal hygiene. Despite that one of our larger, fatter employees came to work yesterday coughing, sneezing and wheezing right out in the open with no thought at all. If they show up again today we're probably going to rope them to a chair and duct-tape their mouth shut. :angry:

We have already told our employees that if they come t work with the flu or flu-like symptoms they will be sent home.

14 hours ago, Cat Brules said:

Really??

cb

Yes, really.

I have already spent way too much time in the hospital for bacterial respiratory pneumonia and blood infection. I'll be damned if I want a respiratory viral infection. If it takes a simple precaution of not shaking hands, that's what I'm doing.

In a couple of weeks, there is a large match that I'm attending with 250+ shooters from all over the Country. I WILL NOT be shaking hands while greeting old friends and making new ones. I'm pretty sure that they will understand that I'm not being unfriendly, I'm just protecting my best interest.

At a place of employment they'll make you go home if you are sick, as Pat mentioned. I seriously doubt that the match directors would do the same.

I'll equate it to this: How about if you go out to the nearest large airport and shake hands with the first 100 people you meet. It wouldn't be much different to going to a large match.

At my lodge, we forgo the usual greetings and use a knuckle bump instead.
I have quarantined myself for 14 days after my daughter's student nursing team was quarantined at the UC Davis Med Center where they have one of those "non-profile" COVID-19 patients.

She was not on the exposure floor at the time, so she avoided the quarantine.
However, she is VERY careful with washing her scrubs and keeping her footwear outside in the sun when she comes home.
So far, none of her team have tested positive, but they still have to wait out the 14 days.

Archived