SASS Wire Forum

Didn't know there were rules for Feud'in.

Crooked River Pete beat me to it!
Like the wise man said, "If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!"

I wonder what war that was that Andy was in France?

In the 1963 episode, Class Reunion, we discovered that Barney and Andy graduated from Mayberry Union high School, class of 1945.

classReunion.gif

In the 1966 episode, The Return of Barney Fife, Barney comes back to town to go to their class reunion, and according to this one, he and Andy graduated in 1948.

Either way it would be too late to be sent to France during World War II, and why else would Andy be in France during "the war"?

8 hours ago, Alpo said:

In the 1963 episode, Class Reunion, we discovered that Barney and Andy graduated from Mayberry Union high School, class of 1945.

In the 1966 episode, The Return of Barney Fife, Barney comes back to town to go to their class reunion, and according to this one, he and Andy graduated in 1948.

Either way it would be too late to be sent to France during World War II, and why else would Andy be in France during "the war"?

I dunno; I catch the reruns of Gunsmoke, as they come up (on 3 separate channels), and I haven’t watched any of of the “Mayberry” episodes for a very, very long time.

I think this date conflict is a screwup by lazy writers who didn’t do their research well enough to ensure script continuity within the show.  The subject(s) of “life before Mayberry” were probably treated as unimportant references.  But, the Mayberry series was so highly popular that rabid watchers pretty much took all new information about the characters very seriously, and adopted the characters as being real people, and virtual family members.  So, any contradictory/conflicting information that cracks their bubble of this rural little world is met with angry concern.  Oh well.....

Cat Brules

9 hours ago, Alpo said:

classReunion.gif

Yeah, but the two guys didn't know that.

Archived