SASS Wire Forum

Optical Delusions are wunnerful tings

Alpo

I walk out the back door and look through the neighbor's backyard across the street, and wonder, "Who died?"

The house across the street has a flagpole in the front yard. The flag on it flies all the time. Where I was standing the telephone pole behind the house lined up perfectly with the flagpole in the front yard.

Even though the flag was two blocked, the telephone pole in the background made it appear that the flagpole was five or six feet taller than it was, and that the flag was at half staff.

View from my yard - brick house in center of pic.

IMG_20200303_101153.thumb.jpg.c39f4fe1cec347cde221110a7920a2cc.jpg

With the massive four power zoom built into my phone. Hard to center the shot, in daylight. Can't see the screen.

IMG_20200303_101315.thumb.jpg.c89f46df158205673511af7ae7bef78f.jpg

Cropping out the extraneous nonsense.

IMG_20200303_101434.thumb.jpg.f47697b1417d41aa2626665c9d005a91.jpg

Not the pole in the front yard. The one behind the house.

And yes, the flag is torn and should be replaced.

My first though would have been that a Buttigieg supporter did it.

I was at a friends apartment one time sitting in a chair relaxing on his lanai and I noticed a electric utility pole mounted transformer that looked like it was mounted to a pine tree in a field behind his unit. It wasn't, of course, it was mounted to a pole behind the tree. I took a picture of it and sent it to Florida Power in an E-mail as a joke asking them why they had mounted a transformer to a tree. I didn't think anything about until my friend called me two days later and told me that two FPC pickups and a car drove into the field to inspect the tree. Never received an E-mail back though.

I'm surprised the flag and utility poles were even noticed. :P

man-looking-through-binoculars-600x360.jpgimage.png.b8b011e76cba1f87e9e65713e769bc0e.png

57 minutes ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

I'm surprised the flag and utility poles were even noticed. :P

image.png.b8b011e76cba1f87e9e65713e769bc0e.png

What flag pole?  I like your back yard better than Alpo's.

Archived