SASS Wire Forum

Bullet in cigar

Trigger Mike

Pallidan just got ambushed so he hid behind a Bush, lit a cigar and stuffed a bullet in it and threw it and the cigar set off the bullet, distracting the assailant.   

Never seen that one.  My cigars burn too slow and go out if not stoked

9 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

Pallidan just got ambushed so he hid behind a Bush, lit a cigar and stuffed a bullet in it and threw it and the cigar set off the bullet, distracting the assailant.   

Never seen that one.  My cigars burn too slow and go out if not stoked

It’s Hollywood

Basic physics have no place in Hollywood. :rolleyes:

43 minutes ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Same Hollywood where somebody throws a fistful of ammo in a fire and everybody runs for cover as bullets start zinging. 

Tests have shown that the casing cracks but with no real projectiles. 

Generally speaking, that is usually the case.  But sharp pieces of brass can be damaging short-range projectiles.

When my son was about 14 there was an out-of-battery round detonation roughly five yards from where we were standing - a shard of brass went completely through the Kid's left thumb.  Ouch!   He nearly lost the appendage and does have permanent nerve damage.  

1 hour ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Generally speaking, that is usually the case.  But sharp pieces of brass can be damaging short-range projectiles.

When my son was about 14 there was an out-of-battery round detonation roughly five yards from where we were standing - a shard of brass went completely through the Kid's left thumb.  Ouch!   He nearly lost the appendage and does have permanent nerve damage.  

Sorry to hear about your son's injury.  But an OOB round is still usually partially contained, allowing pressures to build up to where it will send shrapnel flying. Saw one that somehow wrecked an M-1 Garand!

Without the ability to contain the pressure a live cartridge cooking off will not do much. Not saying I'd want to be standing next to ammo that's on fire, but then again if I were that close I'd probably be more worried about the fire than the ammo.

Depends on the cigar ya use. If one of the cuban ones, will blow a 12 foot crater. They work pretty well.

5 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

This sent a piece of brass through his ear and shrapnel/burns to the face. A lot of blood but no permanent injury....except it's forever on Youtube. I was the one taking the video. For the record, the out of battery discharge was caused by a round that did not properly chamber. Slamming the lever overcame the stock firing pin spring and lit the round off. Never, ever slam the lever on a '73 to force the round into the chamber....you WILL NOT like the results.

You're all forgetting something, this is Palladin we're talking about!:lol:

Archived