SASS Wire Forum

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to us.

Happy 175th birthday to Florida today!

1839858937_HappyBirthdayFlorida.jpg.a8c76679ebed1058dc68698e61acc15e.jpg
The Sunshine state became the nation’s 27th state on March 3. 1845.

1608668487_GatorChorus.jpg.c56f638c09af993a8b81e3d5f4632d78.jpg

St. Petersburg, FLA, the oldest city in the United States followed by Tuscon, AZ, the second oldest city in the United Sates. Happy Birthday Florida. Arizona turned 108 years old on Valentines Day this year.

17 minutes ago, Arizona Gunfighter said:

St. Petersburg, FLA, the oldest city in the United States followed by Tuscon, AZ, the second oldest city in the United Sates. Happy Birthday Florida. Arizona turned 108 years old on Valentines Day this year.

Actually, St Petersburg became a city in 1888.  St. Augustine, Florida, however, was founded on Sep 8 1565 by Spanish admiral Pedro Menendez de Aviles, who also became its first governor. This year it will turn 455 years old.  Great place to visit with lots and lots of history.

You're right Dawg Hair, my mistake thanks for correcting me. I was still right about Tucson though.:P

50 minutes ago, Arizona Gunfighter said:

You're right Dawg Hair, my mistake thanks for correcting me. I was still right about Tucson though.:P

Yes you were!  It's easy to mistake Saint Somethings Cities in Florida.  Florida just happens to be my home.

Archived