SASS Wire Forum

kel tec sub 2000 gen 2

Chicago kidd

I have a Gen 2, 40 SW with MCARBO trigger bundle, tigger, feed ramp AND cheek pad.  Barrel replaced by Kel Tech recall.

It is not a pleasure to shoot for me.  My cheek bone gets wacked with every pull of the trigger.  

Make me a reasonable face to face offer and it's yours.

I have one in .40. Added all the MCarbo upgrades including their buttstock pad. Could have saved a lot of $$ if I just staid with their 8+ lb trigger and skipped all the internal parts. Had to have them fix my installation of the hammer spring as could not get it to stay put. Now works fine. 

Don't have any issue shooting it and it does not slap my face. Just tuck it into my shoulder tightly. Use it for indoor ASI Carbine matches at Heritage in Frederick, MD. 

On 3/2/2020 at 11:20 AM, Church Key, SASS # 33713 said:

I have one in .40. Added all the MCarbo upgrades including their buttstock pad. Could have saved a lot of $$ if I just staid with their 8+ lb trigger and skipped all the internal parts. Had to have them fix my installation of the hammer spring as could not get it to stay put. Now works fine. 

Don't have any issue shooting it and it does not slap my face. Just tuck it into my shoulder tightly. Use it for indoor ASI Carbine matches at Heritage in Frederick, MD. 

I'm curious on what I'm doing to get a check bone slap.  Do you check weld to the tube (stock)?

7 minutes ago, Matthew Duncan said:

I'm curious on what I'm doing to get a check bone slap.  Do you check weld to the tube (stock)?

You are putting your cheek on the buffer tube.  That is the physics of the piece.  A lot of fun but after two boxes I’m done.

I have a rubber cover over the tube. Place my cheek like I'm shooting a trap gun. Shot a 126 round match this evening without any cheek issues using my .40  180 gr handloads that chrony at 1226 fps. Only issue is my $22 red/green dot crapped out, probably from the recoil. Just ordered a $24 one from Amazon and will attempt to return the broken one to its mother ship as it has a supposed free replacement warranty.

On 3/2/2020 at 9:19 AM, Chicago kidd said:

does anyone here have a keltec sub 2000 gen two.i made a custom recoild pad for the gen 2 and also adds about 1 1/16 of an inch to the length.

I got one also.  Are you looking to buy or are you looking for someone to test your creation? 

Archived