SASS Wire Forum

Damascus John - National Champion

Lou Graham, # 26112

Congratulation Jon Fantastic shooting with you over the years. God Bless & take care pilgrim.

Un-freaking-BELIEVABLE!!!!

Whistlin’ Will is an incredible shooter, no doubt. But to take a stick to the Best shooters in the US and the World  shooting BLACK POWDER…. Just amazing!!!!

Well earned, one of the most signal achievements in SASS history,  and you couldn’t imagine a nicer young man, or a better ambassador for the sport of cowboy action shooting.

FJT

WOW what a feat!!  He came through Tombstone just before the main event to show some friends the town, and he dropped by to say "HI".  I wished him well and boy did he come thru!  A super young man, hope he does well in the future, both at the range and his future endeavors.  

A very nice young man indeed!  I met him while needing someone a bit taller than I to help me cut down my banner in the main tent. He certainly had better and more important things to do but put down his VERY HEAVY trophy to help me.  I greatly appreciated his help and am super impressed by his shooting.  I didn’t realize until I read this post that he shot BP!  Well done!!!

Big hugs!

Scarlett

Incredible match!!!!

I might be mistaken but I do not believe he was Shooting Holy Black ...

But he is and has been a Fantastic envoy for this game for years, I have known him since he was running around with revolvers with bright orange bands around the Muzzles .... Shouting Bang ....

Jabez Cowboy

Amazing shooter and youngish man!!! Quite the accomplishment!!!!

Ohh.  I got to shoot for nearly a minute longer than he did!!!   

39 minutes ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

I might be mistaken but I do not believe he was Shooting Holy Black ...

But he is and has been a Fantastic envoy for this game for years, I have known him since he was running around with revolvers with bright orange bands around the Muzzles .... Shouting Bang ....

Jabez Cowboy

Don't know if his black was holy, but it got him across the finish line in the number 1 spot in FC and he is the National Champ!

Had a chance to meet and talk with him at dinner on Saturday night.  Great young man and a heck of a shooter.  Congratulations to him on his win....he literally "smoked" the rest of us in FC and a few other categories.....LOL

Congratulations to a fellow black powder Shooter! Quite remarkable Considering the wind was almost nonexistent for much of the match

1 hour ago, Cowboy Rick, SASS #49739L said:

Congratulations to a fellow black powder Shooter! Quite remarkable Considering the wind was almost nonexistent for much of the match

I was wondering about the wind.  Makes it that much more impressive!

Yes to a true Champion.  Damascus Jon!!!!

Several years ago he told me he would shoot BP until he won the big one, and he just did.

Commitment and stamina and, of course, youth will get you a long way toward any goal.

Jon has it all.

BTW  YES!   it is all BP and has been as long as I have shot with, and against, him over these past few years.

Ol'  #4

His BP was very smoky but he didn't seem to notice.  The folks on the line did.  I love to watch him shoot.  When I grow up I want to be just like him :)

I really hate it when people shoot black powder and win matches like this. It severely takes away one of my excuses for not shooting well. Now I need to come up with something else. Seriously, though, as someone that has shot BP exclusively for the last 4 or 5 years, I am beyond impressed. That is a remarkable feat and all praise is well deserved. I hope I get to shoot with this young man one day so he can teach me how to see and shoot through the smoke like it isn't even there.

Hey Jon nice job buddy

Damascus Jon Best of the Best and a Spirit of the Game. Congratulations Jon.

JRJ & SP

Congratulations to All Shooters, and to all those who won their categories and their titles! 

Special congratulations to Holy Terror, Damascus Jon and to Whistlin Will from Canada.  You are all exemplary competitors!!!

As you know, Range is a "National Championship", and as such only a US shooter can win the title of "National" Champion.

However to honor Whistlin Will's top finish, Winter Range will be designing and ordering a special buckle for him to be proud of, honoring his "Overall Champion" finish. 

6 hours ago, Jackrabbit Joe #414 said:

Damascus Jon Best of the Best and a Spirit of the Game. Congratulations Jon.

JRJ & SP

Yes he is!!!!!

Zak,

A well deserved recognition for a young man who excelled.

Very nice closure for a great WR 2020!!!

Ol' #4

Great shooting to all champions at this match.  Amazing performances.

I have always been impressed with Damascus Johns relentless push to win with black powder.  Congrats again and ill see you at the regional.

B)

On 3/2/2020 at 2:18 PM, Ol Number4 said:

Yes to a true Champion.  Damascus Jon!!!!

Several years ago he told me he would shoot BP until he won the big one, and he just did.

Commitment and stamina and, of course, youth will get you a long way toward any goal.

Jon has it all.

BTW  YES!   it is all BP and has been as long as I have shot with, and against, him over these past few years.

Ol'  #4

Maybe if you're lucky he'll move to a different category. 

I'm not worried- he can't shoot Elder Statesman another 50years. Lol

Fine young man indeed. 

Archived