SASS Wire Forum

Oven Cleaning Tip Found On Facebook

Subdeacon Joe

I don’t get it you see we call it POP here in Cleveland!! :lol:

CocaCola will take the blueing off of guns (don't ask how I know this) so I don't see why you couldn't clean ovens with it. Turn it on broil until done. Let cool and go buy another oven. You will end up with a perfectly clean oven.

2 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

CocaCola will take the blueing off of guns (don't ask how I know this) so I don't see why you couldn't clean ovens with it. Turn it on broil until done. Let cool and go buy another oven. You will end up with a perfectly clean oven.

Also works pretty well at cleaning up rusty field chains that got left out over winter.

Cover chain with coca cola in a bucket over night, rinse with water next day, soak chain with used motor oil and clean/shiny almost like new.

Kinda makes you wonder what it does to your insides.:wacko:

Regards

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

3 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

CocaCola will take the blueing off of guns (don't ask how I know this) so I don't see why you couldn't clean ovens with it. Turn it on broil :wub:until done. Let cool and go buy another oven. You will end up with a perfectly clean oven.

Many years ago, when I was a little kid, I bought an old, unused bicycle for $2.00 from another kid and half-carried it home.  My dad gave me a ration of £#%& about it and told me to take it apart.  He told me to go buy 3 quarts of coca-cola,.  I cleaned up his oil drain pan with dish soap and water, he poured in the Coke and we put the chain (rusted absolutely solid) and gears and other rusted-solid parts.  I turned the parts over several times during the day, then left it all overnight.  The next morning all the rust was completely gone and the parts looked almost new.  I rinsed and dried them, let them completely dry in the sun, then brushed cheap motor oil on them.  I cleaned up the rest of the bike with gasoline and dish soap and water, greased all the bearings and other appropriate parts, and reassembled it.  The bike looked bright and clean and like any other bike.  It worked perfect.  So, the coca-cola trick made it pretty easy.  Even my dad was impressed!  :)   My big brother decided he liked my “new bike,” and he took it, so I was back to riding my old bike again.   :huh:
My dad asked me to let him have it.   C'est la vie.

:)

Cat Brules

Archived