SASS Wire Forum

Funny Things You See

Subdeacon Joe

3 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Donut spare. As long as the wheel size and the lug pattern are the same, it might get you home. or at least to some place where you could get the flat fixed.

Looking at it I'm guessing that the OD of the spare is about the same as the OD of the rims for wheels that are on.

Ya’ll shouldn’t make fun of people with cars that have the swollen tire affliction. It affects 20% of the automotive population in some parts of the country. 

If he takes off a monster tire to put the spare on, where is he going to put the big tire? It ain't fiten in the Jeep or on the spare carrier.

56 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Honestly I don't know how vehicles like that are even street legal. If they rear-end somebody they're just going to roll right over them and crush the occupants.

Pard, why do you assume it's street legal???

This is one that always gets me.  When I was a cop, I arrested a guy on his 14th drunk driving arrest.  He had run a stop light and killed someone, so we were talking serious felony charges ("vehicular homicide" in Colorado legal parlance).  The case was all over the news, and the comments from the public below the online news article were legitimately crazy -- "I BLAME THE COPS!!!  WHY DID HE HAVE A LICENSE IN THE FIRST PLACE?!?!?!"  

1-  Ummm...he didn't.  He chose to violate the law in a plethora of ways, including driving on a revoked license.  2-  The cops don't decide whose license gets revoked and who gets to keep it; that is a problem that must be adjudicated by the Department of Revenue.  So even if he did have a license, it wouldn't have been the cops' fault.

Back to the original post:  This would be illegal in Colorado.  I can't speak for other states because I haven't been a cop everywhere.

Yea, there is no way that the spare tire on that jeep would fit those axles.  Those are 8 lug axles.  It is pretty ridiculous, I'd be willing to bet that he is trying to compensate for something....this size of his........intelligence maybe?

Red Wolf

1 hour ago, Red Wolf said:

Yea, there is no way that the spare tire on that jeep would fit those axles.  Those are 8 lug axles.  It is pretty ridiculous, I'd be willing to bet that he is trying to compensate for something....this size of his........intelligence maybe?

Red Wolf

Image result for cat covering mouth with paw

Slightly OT but appropriate - Question on WV drivers test: "If four vehicles reach a four-way stop intersection at the same time, who has the right of way?

Answer - "The truck with the biggest tires".

Archived