SASS Wire Forum

What would you do?

Alpo

Someone in another state, 1000 or more miles away, wants a particular cartridge.

Just one. They wanted to fill a hole in their cartridge collection.

You have the cartridge. Would you send it to them? If so, how?

Mailing it is Illegal. The only legal way is common carrier, with an ORM-D label. I figured that would probably cost about ten bucks. To give a cartridge to a guy in Texas.

So I just put the cartridge back in the container and put it back on the shelf. I feel for the guy, but I don't think it is worth the hassle.

What would you do?

What's $10.00? If it was a fellow SASS shooter or a friend, I'd mail it to them legal like. If it was someone I didn't know or a non SASS person, I'd ask them for the cost of legal postage. Although the chances of getting caught improperly mailing it are slim, I wouldn't take any chances. To me, it's just not worth it. If they want it bad enough, they'll compensate you for postage.

I would mail it to them. I would wrap it in bubble wrap, wrap the bubble wrap in packing tape, put it in a small box, tape the bejesus out of it and mail it. 

Yes, I know that’s illegal. It’s not like I illegally tampered with an election or bumped off somebody. 

Glad this is all purely hypothetical...

2 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

What's with the lone red one? I haven't seen, or thought about, those in years.

It must have come from a different batch. All the brass ones have a head stamp that says "something F" (can't make it out).

IMG_20200229_153052.thumb.jpg.74c1986f41e1dd48809358aba40b73b0.jpg

That one copper one has an acorn.

IMG_20200229_153148.thumb.jpg.aa664039a44966459ed7caf8308e52ee.jpg

Archived