SASS Wire Forum

Quick....would you be able to?

Same episode of  image.png.57dc64fd58c173ff3430e053eb3d0133.png.

Loner living in he woods in his rundown mobile home.

It's nighttime, dark, and while inside, hears a noise coming from outside the trailer.

Grabs his double barrel shotgun, opens the trailer door and steps out onto the uncovered porch.

Holding the shotgun with both hands, finger on the trigger, he sweeps the outside looking for the source of the noise.

Out of nowhere (actually from the villain standing on the trailer roof) a barbed wire noose drops around the loner's neck and he is yanked up off his feet.

He drops the shotgun, and you then hear a image.png.6939e138a7b27ef836f8830924a9c3f0.png.

His body is dropped to the porch; however, he is now uniquely looking backwards permanently on his body! :o

QUESTION: In this situation, would you, without knowing you were going to be yanked off your feet with barbed wire around your neck, be quick enough and able to not drop the shotgun, and aim behind you and pull the trigger before you die?

I doubt I could.   So for me........... NO.

If it were a rope, then probably.   But the barbed wire would make me free both hands and start trying

to relieve tension.

..........Widder

I'm having trouble with the bob wire noose. When the honda slides down the wire, it's gonna hit a barb and stop.

To make a noose you need a smooth line. Knots and barbs and other obstructions will prevent it from closing. And if it won't close, it's not a noose.

Since the hypothetical bad guy Yanked the hypothetical good guy up off his feet, breaking his neck in the process, our erstwhile good guy didn't/doesn't have time to do anything. 

Depends on your mindset and presence of mind.

Young lady, daughter of a close friend, going off to college/leaving home for the first time, was taught a couple quick & dirty ways to break a hold and get away.

Second year, she used them.

Her attacker was easy to ID in the hospital, after he tried to choke her from behind: eye damage and two fingers snapped,

Apparently, that is quite painful and is quite a distraction.

Well I'd probably be dead if I were to run into a homicidal individual strong enough to jerk me off the ground with barbed wire, probably just tear my head clean off in the process anyway. Stealthy sob too given he can climb up on an old trailer roof and not give himself away.  So no, don't think I could stop supervillian. But then again, old trailer, all he'd have to do is wait til I got to door and shoot a shotgun slug right through it and me and that would do it too, just more prosiac and within the abilities of your average homicidal manic.

Any villain who can hoist 200 pounds dead weight leaning over the edge of a roof would laugh at the buckshot bouncing off his superhuman-hide!

But to answer your question, 50/50 chance I would drop the gun to grab the noose around my neck. But if I did hold onto the gun, there would be a 50/50  chance I could make the shot before I strangled.

15 hours ago, Alpo said:

I'm having trouble with the bob wire noose. When the honda slides down the wire, it's gonna hit a barb and stop.

To make a noose you need a smooth line. Knots and barbs and other obstructions will prevent it from closing. And if it won't close, it's not a noose.

Barb wire is fairly stiff stuff, two strands of pretty heavy wire, not to mention the barbs. Never built just a WHOLE lot of fence, but enough to know I didn't like it!

JHC

18 hours ago, Alpo said:

@Alpo,

Here is the conversation from the show:

Derek Morgan : Is that barbed wire?

Penelope Garcia : Indeed it is, arranged to fit like a noose.

Derek Morgan : How do you wrap that into a noose?

Penelope Garcia : I guess it's the same way that porcupines make love. Very carefully. :D

On 2/27/2020 at 4:29 PM, Marshal Hangtree said:

What's up with you and barbed wire today, Father Kit?

I thought the same thing.

Perhaps a childhood event that has not been addressed???

I live alone in a rural area on a large parcel, where no one else has any business being.  An 870-Police (with a couple modifications) and a gunbelt SAA is what I carry outside when things go bump in the night.  I’ve experienced four “bandido” incidents in the years I’ve lived here.

So, from past experience, anyway, I doubt anyone could get such a barbed wire loop, or any loop, on me with my being under such heightened awareness, and before I shot them to pieces.

Besides, a barbed wire loop?  Probably not, as it would be so unwieldy and difficult to manage.

Cat Brules

It's called SHRAPNEPHOBIA:angry:

And, no I'm not afraid of sharp objects. ;)

Archived