SASS Wire Forum

Just not feeling it this year

Boomstick Bruce

On 2/27/2020 at 6:10 PM, Trooper Ozzy said:

One championship is a fluke. Repeat it. 

Championship streaks: 1936-39, 1949-53, 1998-2000

The Yankees boast an astonishing 27 World Series titles, which is an MLB record. They've gone on numerous streaks, taking home four championships in a row from 1936 to 1939, five in a row from 1949 to 1953 and three in a row from 1998 to 2000.

I was just starting to climb out of the winter doldrums, and then you had to bring up the  gosh-darn, bottomless pit payroll Yankees, crushing all my hopes for Spring training and beyond.  Sorta like Luke Skywalker walking down the street, feeling good about his Jedi powers, and suddenly he turns a corner and runs right into Darth Vader.

Sheesh!

LL

I had a fall in June that resulted in significant brain injury.  The people in charge of my life decided that I was not physically capable of the balance and small muscle coordination to handle guns.

You may be uninterested in this "season" but I'm in a real swivet about it.

I hope to shoot the March shoots. Haven't busted a cap since June.

I can't even "mess" with my guns. My wife had a cowboy friend come and get all of my guns so that I would not be tempted more than she could control.

Go out and shoot and enjoy it as if you were me.

SOLUTION:

Sleep with your ‘73.  (unload her first). :wub:

:lol:

To all of you who have lost your interest in cowboy shooting, send me a list of the guns you wanna sell :-)

Below marked value of course.

Just sayn'

On 3/1/2020 at 11:27 PM, SouthwestShooter said:

To all of you who have lost your interest in cowboy shooting, send me a list of the guns you wanna sell :-)

Below marked value of course.

Just sayn'

Heck, if I were to sell off my Remington's, I'd be lucky to get half of what I have into them out of them...

I got burned out in sass years ago with work, taking care of my stroke recovering wife and rebuilding our hurricane damaged house so cas was the last thing on my mind. Eventually the house was put back together, my wife still needed 24 hr care but  the company that I worked for surprised everyone with a reduction in force- with a years severance pay buyout,  with 39 years employment I took it along with my early ss. Guns eventually became important again so I tried a Garand match, a bunch of zombie matches and got back into my WASA-SASS club. Maybe you need some variety, 10-10 and 2 can get monotonous, challenge yourself. I plan on trying some double duelist this year. There are plenty of other shooting sports out there. At ECSASS we shoot WB, a 2 inch snubnose match [might become a Zoot Shoot match], BAMM with DA revolvers and BAMM with 1911s, a double action cas match and the occasionally Josie Wales while accommodating the single action cas shooters every month. There can be variety at a cas club match but you’ve got to expand your parameters a bit and enjoy. 

• 3 weeks later...

This whole week, even with all the craziness going on in the world right now, i was actually excited to be going to our first shoot of the year!!!

aaaannnddd its cancelled... FML

8 hours ago, Cypress Sam, SASS #10915 said:

Just remember: Life is too short to do things you don’t like.

Good advice.... this is what I’m gonna tell Moonshine Millie about painting the house! :lol:

At the present time, every match around me has closed due to the virus. I believe I'll clean all my guns and chrony all of the different types of ammo that has been accumulating for a while. B Bruce lives around the corner from me and there is nothing going on in the shooting arena. Now that he cannot go to matches, his interest will move back up.

Bruce - Did you move when you bought the house; if so where to?

That was me last year! Just could not get focused on shooting. Ended up only shooting the first weekend and that was all! Michigan has been mild as winters go this year but still have the blahs. Have been watching some CAS videos and doing some reloading. Starting to get the "itch" again and planning to hit the range soon. I believe a YEEEEHAAA is about to explode! Catch you on the trail pard!!!

Lightning Bill Carson ;)

10 hours ago, Church Key, SASS # 33713 said:

At the present time, every match around me has closed due to the virus. I believe I'll clean all my guns and chrony all of the different types of ammo that has been accumulating for a while. B Bruce lives around the corner from me and there is nothing going on in the shooting arena. Now that he cannot go to matches, his interest will move back up.

Bruce - Did you move when you bought the house; if so where to?

We still haven't finished settling, but we're moving right outside Martinsburg so not too far. We aren't moving out completely until the end of July at the earliest.

I'm not even practicing until we start shooting again. I figure it's I practice, I'll get faster. If I get faster I'll start becoming more competitive. If I become more competitive, I'll stop having fun and start worrying to much about winning...

On 2/28/2020 at 5:02 PM, Captain Bill Burt said:

Hallelujah! Preach it! 5 times a month year round.

Ophelia & I are with you, Bill!! 5 time/month year round!!

Lately, there isn't really very much to feel.  So you're not alone.  But things WILL get back to normal again.  All of us can re-appreciate the sport, it's matches, and getting back together.  Let's try to keep our eyes focused downrange, looking forward. 

Archived