SASS Wire Forum

Sea Monkeys

Okiepan

I had sea monkeys. They lived for a while then died. I remember finding out they were brine shrimp. 
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea-Monkeys

Sea Monkeys, Magic 8 Balls, X-Ray Specs...these three things combined taught me a big lesson. Do not trust what you read and that there were (are) scummy adults that will prey on kid’s just to make money. I got all three of the above the summer I was 9 years old and was sorely disappointed. 

X-RAY Specs indeed!

You were just a VERY nasty boy!  :P

Magic 8 Ball

i liked it.  I know people who still have theirs. :)

SEA MONKEYS!

Mine lived a long time; I thought they were cool!  :wub:

I knew that they were a tiny shrimp when I ordered them.

i had fish, lizards horned toads, etc.  I didn’t keep those reptile kids long because I couldn’t collect enough food for them; they wouldn’t eat pet store food or live insects from the pet store.  So, back to the desert for them.

I still have a desert tortoise (Tommy) I’ve had for decades (40 years?) now. I never removed one in the wild.  But, I found Tommy walking down the sidewalk one morning.  He was only 3-1/2 inches wide then. He comes when I call him, and he’s a very big boy now!  I have him licensed with the Fed now.  They showed up at my house and wanted to take him years ago when (somehow) they learned I had him, but I told them NO!  They didn’t understand anything about them, that they’d let him die, because they’re ignorant.  You can’t just introduce a domesticated one to the wild.  I told  them to leave, take their citation book with them, and that they’d have a real fight on their hands if they tried to take him.  So, only then did they explain how i could get a Fed license for him.

He has never, ever tried to bite.

He’s hibernating right now.  

You have to fence them in GOOD, believe me!

Cat Brules

20 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I had sea monkeys. They lived for a while then died. I remember finding out they were brine shrimp. 

Sea Monkeys, Magic 8 Balls, X-Ray Specs...these three things combined taught me a big lesson. Do not trust what you read and that there were (are) scummy adults that will prey on kid’s just to make money. I got all three of the above the summer I was 9 years old and was sorely disappointed. 

But just look at the valuable life lessons you learned. :P

On 2/27/2020 at 3:35 AM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Yeahbutt The secret decoder ring with the secret compartment was the real thing. IIRC it only cost $0.25 and two box tops from Cherrios. 

Archived