SASS Wire Forum

Daredevil "Mad" Mike Hughes Killed in crash

This is his successful attempt.....

In this one, his parachute was ripped off immediately after lift-off. 

I ride a motorcycle nearly everyday so I will reserve judgment on why some people do the stuff they do, but if someone asked me if I would like to ride in their homemade rocket my answer would be "Hell No!"

2 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I ride a motorcycle nearly everyday so I will reserve judgment on why some people do the stuff they do, but if someone asked me if I would like to ride in their homemade rocket my answer would be "Hell No!"

He did that to see if the Earth was round as he was a Flat Earth Society member. There is no way that you'll see if the Earth is round or not from 2,000' in the air.

Climbing Mt. Everest at 29,029' would have given him a better view! :blink:

image.jpeg.976e49b335d5f070e3742a2e229644ef.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

He did that to see if the Earth was round as he was a Flat Earth Society member. There is no way that you'll see if the Earth is round or not from 2,000' in the air.

Not so sure about that. If you go out on the open sea and have something level on the ship to compare the horizon, you can see a slight curvature on the sea. Been on quite a few cruise ships. It's there if you look.

JHC

44 minutes ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Not so sure about that. If you go out on the open sea and have something level on the ship to compare the horizon, you can see a slight curvature on the sea. Been on quite a few cruise ships. It's there if you look.

JHC

The flat earthers can explain that away. When I worked for the park service we has a historic site on the Gulf Coast that used to be the Koreshan settlement back around the turn of the century. Their leader called himself The Koresh. They believed we lived inside the earth. Take a look at some of their ideas. :blink:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koreshanity

8A5739EA-5D22-467F-B527-B6104878AB12.jpeg

In school I used to laugh at the stories of people who tried to fly in Leonardo da Vinci's time, strapping wings to their arms and jumping off a cliff. Sad to see that even in this enlightened day and age there are still people willing to spend millions just to kill themselves in equally spectacular fashion.

The curve in the water line on the ocean is just like a glass of water filled past the top...

...its just the waters "skin" that makes it look curved.

Besides, if the earth was round, he would have landed BEHIND the camera - but the earth is flat so he landed in FRONT of the camera.  I supposed the next thing people will start to suggest is that pro wrestling isn't real !!!

Don't you people even physics?  

Play stupid games - Win stupid prizes.

I’ve done my share of thrill seeking as an Army aviator, a paratrooper, and a big water kayaker. Adrenalin feels good, and makes for great stories around the campfire. 

I hope his family was at peace already with the risks he was taking. With folks like him, it’s not a question of if things will go bad. It’s when...

Archived