SASS Wire Forum

Worried about our California pards

Gunner Gatlin, SASS 10274L

DDD, don't forget this all started with that 'approved' list of handguns that PRK has used all these years.

Then there's the 10 rnd limit on detachable mags........

OH- don't you know how much safer we all were with the 'scary looking' rifle bans.

Sometimes you have to just leave for a better(normal)life.

Kinda like my Grandmother did, when she was forced to leave her beloved Germany not long after WW1.

OLG 

On 2/26/2020 at 7:26 AM, Matthew Duncan said:

How did the good people become out numbered and controlled by SAN, LA & SFO?

The only way Evil can triumph is when good men do nothing.

Is that right? So how about you put your money where your mouth is? Move on over here and helps us out in this fight? Or are you one of those good men that do nothing?

12 hours ago, Snakebite said:

That is the most idiotic thing that I have ever read on the SASS wire.

With 40 million + people in California There are more conservatives here than in just about any state in the USA. 

Current California Voter Registration Statistics

Report Date: January 3, 2020
Democratic: 9,109,939   44.6%
Republican: 4,842,603  23.7%
No Party Preference: 5,291,771 25.9%
Other: 1,183,957 5.8%
Eligible Voters not registered: 4,807,843

It is possible to turn the tide or at least stem it. We would need to convert those no party, other, and get those non registered involved in this and other fights. Many of that latter group have just given up thinking their vote doesn't count. If only they understood how much it really does count.

On 2/26/2020 at 7:24 AM, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

WRONG :excl:

'They' are controlled by SAN, LA & SFO.

The good people are outnumbered, and it seems dead people can vote.:(

OLG 

Yes true. It's the same in Oregon. There are good people all over most of our state.  But the idiots that all live in Portland control this state.

The collective impact of this bill could be catastrophic. If one begins to think who will be affected, one would think that the bullet makers, lead production, powder companies, brass makers/retailers, gun stores, …………………………...would establish a coalition. 

I wonder how many "progressive" shooters will be affected by this bill. 

20 hours ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

Is that right? So how about you put your money where your mouth is? Move on over here and helps us out in this fight? Or are you one of those good men that do nothing?...

I was a nineteen year public servant in a senior management position which allowed me to provide advice to the elected Officials.

I served eight years to a public elected Board position.

Two failed attempts to be elected to the local School Board.

Voted in every state, national and local election since I was twenty.

I am sure my attempts to keep the governments on the straight and narrow pale to your personal achievements to do likewise.

On 2/26/2020 at 2:30 PM, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

I cannot believe you said that.  Good grief.  That's like blaming Travis and his crew for letting the Mexican Army take the Alamo.  doh!.gif

Alamo was one battle...who won the war?

On 2/26/2020 at 7:13 AM, Matthew Duncan said:

They brought it on themselves IMHO.  

She deserved it because of how she dressed argument?  Way to Cowboy Up for your Pards in California!  

In case you haven't noticed, this is a nation wide dilemma, not just a California issue. Folks in other states that think like this, will wake up one morning with their world turned upside down, because this shit is spreading fast and it didn't all originate in California. 

Tully 

1 hour ago, Matthew Duncan said:

I am sure my attempts to keep the governments on the straight and narrow pale to your personal achievements to do likewise.

Matthew Duncan,

El Hombre SIn Nombre has been to war for this country, he is a combat veteran, but go ahead and compare your failed attempts at a school board position to his tour of duties. 

Tully

1 hour ago, Matthew Duncan said:

I was a nineteen year public servant in a senior management position which allowed me to provide advice to the elected Officials.

I served eight years to a public elected Board position.

Two failed attempts to be elected to the local School Board.

Voted in every state, national and local election since I was twenty.

Good for you. There’s no way I could know that. Just like there’s no way you can know what the rest of us have done and continue to do. Yet you assume that we are sitting around doing nothing and allowing evil to rise. 

Sort of feel sorry for you all but where are your gun rallies and marches for gun rights. If people just lay down then you get what comes. Im sure there has to be a cowboy action shooting attn that could bring suit over this or other shooting sports. Bottom line is dont let it get to this, when will republicans learn to fight viciously for what is our right! If enough people could get sick and tired of something then have some guts and do something.

Ive been to Cali, sorry id never live there, went from south to north spoke to to many people working 3 jobs just to survive, that's rediculous. Organize, get your churches involved, get farmers involved. Hey! Create sanctuary gun ranges! The libs did it in your state do it back to them. Just get after it!

1 hour ago, Circuit Rider Jeff said:

Sort of feel sorry for you all but where are your gun rallies and marches for gun rights. If people just lay down then you get what comes. Im sure there has to be a cowboy action shooting attn that could bring suit over this or other shooting sports. Bottom line is dont let it get to this, when will republicans learn to fight viciously for what is our right! If enough people could get sick and tired of something then have some guts and do something.

Ive been to Cali, sorry id never live there, went from south to north spoke to to many people working 3 jobs just to survive, that's rediculous. Organize, get your churches involved, get farmers involved. Hey! Create sanctuary gun ranges! The libs did it in your state do it back to them. Just get after it!

Again, spoken like someone that doesn't live here. We do have rallies and marches. They don't always make the news. We had a local range here close. There was a meeting to make that decision and there were around 2000 people that showed up against closing the range. At best 6 people showed up for closing the range. It was pretty obvious who was for and against because we all wore the same color t shirts. We had all of the right numbers on our side, and yet in the end they closed it anyway. We haven't given up, but that was a lesson on how much more we have to do. And this fight is going to require some big players. The NRA and all the gun and ammo manufacturers need to get involved. Only Texas has more gun owners than California. That's a lot of money in ammo and guns those groups face losing. 

On 2/26/2020 at 11:15 PM, Dusty Devil Dale said:

I will try to provide timely updates as things progress, although I'm not sure this is the correct forum for that kind of activity.  Pls advise.   

See "Team SASS

4 hours ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

Again, spoken like someone that doesn't live here. We do have rallies and marches. They don't always make the news. We had a local range here close. There was a meeting to make that decision and there were around 2000 people that showed up against closing the range. At best 6 people showed up for closing the range. It was pretty obvious who was for and against because we all wore the same color t shirts. We had all of the right numbers on our side, and yet in the end they closed it anyway. We haven't given up, but that was a lesson on how much more we have to do. And this fight is going to require some big players. The NRA and all the gun and ammo manufacturers need to get involved. Only Texas has more gun owners than California. That's a lot of money in ammo and guns those groups face losing. 

We need to continue to fight - both publicly and privately.  Working to convince as many as we can about all personal rights!

But you gave an excellent example of how dictators work - and we already have way to many dictators in our nation. We see them on the "left" coast and some in New York City, Chicago, etc.

Once they get a measure of control, they go against their oaths to support and defend the constitution.  Several judges have stated angrily that the constitution is not allowed in their court rooms.  And nothing seems to be done to them.

But if we do not do what we can, we will never win.

6 hours ago, Circuit Rider Jeff said:

We have rallies, we just can't go open carrying. It's outlawed here.

We kept the OC gun show going by showing up for the discussion.

Alas, when "representatives" like Cottie Petrie Norris has a town hall to discuss "gun safety", it's in the middle of the work day, all the spokespeople are literally paid by Bloomberg, and if you support the 2nd Amendment, if you get in, you don't get to address your "Representative".

7 hours ago, Circuit Rider Jeff said:

Sort of feel sorry for you all but where are your gun rallies and marches for gun rights.

Rider, I appreciate your sentiment.  However....

About 25 years ago we had a rally.  Well organized, well executed.  An estimated 8- to 10- thousand of us gathered on the Capitol Grounds in Sacramento.  It was magnificent!  Many excellent addresses by very good speakers, the event was peaceful, and when we left, the place was whistle-clean.

The media - newspapers (remember them?), television stations, radio... if reported at all, stated that "a few dozen people gathered today in Sacramento to demonstrate...."  I will credit them for stopping short of declaring us a "nuisance."  But barely.

Quite honestly, in today's world I do not know if it could be carried off peacefully in this state.  Oh, I have confidence in US; it's the radical lefties that I fear would carry the day.  If not in numbers, then in deeds - and I will leave that thought to be pondered.  :mellow:

Archived