Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charlie MacNeil, SASS #48580

Old Tucson

Recommended Posts

We’re sightseeing our way from Tombstone back up to Phoenix and spent today at Old Tucson. Between the shows and just the general stuff to do it was $21.95 plus tax per person well spent!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Charlie MacNeil, SASS #48580 said:

We’re sightseeing our way from Tombstone back up to Phoenix and spent today at Old Tucson. Between the shows and just the general stuff to do it was $21.95 plus tax per person well spent!

If you're talking about the Old Tucson studios, you can wear your SASS duds, including guns, and get in for free with your membership card.  The Sonora Desert Museum is another great stop just a couple miles away from the studios that is well worth the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s the place. Couldn’t find my badge so I went in non cowboy duds. Had a great day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Charlie MacNeil, SASS #48580 said:

That’s the place. Couldn’t find my badge so I went in non cowboy duds. Had a great day!

I went some years ago and had a great time as well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jailhouse Jim, SASS #13104 said:

If you're talking about the Old Tucson studios, you can wear your SASS duds, including guns, and get in for free with your membership card.  The Sonora Desert Museum is another great stop just a couple miles away from the studios that is well worth the time.


 

That is very cool.

Cat Brules

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blue Hare and I went there before we headed to boarder town.  We wore our cowboy gear with guns. Had a guy thought we worked there and had us "arrest" him to have a picture taken with him. :) People would ask us for directions and what time the stunt show starts (2:30) in case you wondering. I got to be in the stunt show which was really cool to do. We had a great time there.

 

Gray Hare

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice place to visit.  It's only a small part of what it was, having experienced a major fire (possibly arson) in 1995.  If you want to see what it looked like when it was brand new watch Arizona (1940) will Bill Holden.  Part of Tombstone was filmed there, as was the Will Smith version of Wild Wild West, all before the fire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And all the JOHN Wayne Movies! Including Rio Bravo, El Dorado & Rio Lobo to name a few. Every year we would visit my folks in Green Valley we would go!  Loved it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We will be in Tucson in a couple weeks. Good to see that we can get free admission by wearing our gear.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I showed up there in 2000 wearing cowboy duds, everyone wanted to take pics with me, my wife was amused! The place is great, MANY MANY shows and movies filmed there and in the surrounding area. Highly recommend visiting when returning from Tombstone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.