SASS Wire Forum

Determination...

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Joe, we stopped putting those seed bells out when we lived in NC. They would bust the thing up and haul it away in short order. 

Usually the Scrub Jays or Acorn Woodpeckers drive them away within a few minutes.  Interesting thing is that since the squirrels ate most of the pine cones (OK, pine nuts from the cones) on that tree (and littering the sidewalk with the spent scales) they haven't been around the feeders.  That might change this summer.

Get some live traps, catch the little sob’s, toss the trap(s) in a wheelbarrow full of water to drown them, then lay them out, some distance away for the vultures or coyotes to eat.

Here is the trap.  If you have a big problem, buy 3 three traps.  That may set you back maybe $250.00, BUT IT’s WORTH IT, believe me a few years ago I caught 287 squirrels here, in one season!! 

It decimated the squirrels, and their population is only now beginning to recover.

See the link below:

1 hour ago, Cat Brules said:

Get some live traps, catch the little sob’s, toss the trap(s) in a wheelbarrow full of water to drown them, then lay them out, some distance away for the vultures or coyotes to eat.

Here is the trap.  If you have a big problem, buy 3 three traps.  That may set you back maybe $250.00, BUT IT’s WORTH IT, believe me a few years ago I caught 287 squirrels here, in one season!! 

It decimated the squirrels, and there population is only now beginning to recover.

See the link below:

Before the hawks moved in,we were dealing with them with one of these.  .22, CO2 and better than minute of squirrel accurate out to 25 yards or so. 

There was 6 notches on the back porch post before the hawks took over.

P4210025.JPG

Archived