SASS Wire Forum

SKB Search - Tulsa Gun Show

Ozark Okie

I have come late to Cowboy Action Shooting and will never be competitive against other "Cattle Barons". So I will enjoy competing with myself, and enjoying my equipment and the folks I shoot with.  The piece of equipment I'm focusing on now is my shotgun. My Stoeger Coach gun is OK, generally reliable, and prettier now that I have thinned out the forearm and refinished it.....but not what I would call nimble.  I have nice SxS shotguns; Belgian Browning (O/U), 20 BSS, Parker, Stevens, but don't really view any of these as possible Cowboy guns (maybe the BSS 20...).  Sooo, here is what I'd like to find.....12 ga, SKB 200e, nickel receiver, splinter forearm and special wood....cowboy ready. I realize this is a scarce item, especially cowboy ready, splinter forearm, special wood; that's where I'm starting....may end up going towards a 100 to get the splinter forearm....wood.

A little research has turned up that one of the largest gun shows in the US is Wanenmacher's Tulsa Arms Show April 4, 5. By investing a weekend and 1200-1300 miles driving, I could go to that show. The drive is not a problem; I like a road trip occasionally (like EOT last year). The question (and I'm hoping someone here has some experience) is whether I might be able/likely to find a selection of SKBs there.  

Thank you for any feedback you can provide...comments, suggestions welcome. Thank you.  OO

Try a WTB here on the wire.  I spoke to Fast Eddie at CaC back in Sept and he was all out, but that could have changed.  Boomstick seems to usually have an SKB or two as well.

I was looking for one for about a 6 months andI finally got lucky and bought an unfired Nickel 200E from Colt Faro here on the wire.  

Good luck in your search!

Totes

Fast Eddie has them come & go regularly. Be careful if they've had work done that it was done by somebody who knows what they're doing. You won't want to get stuck with one that has been butchered & have never-ending problems. We have 2 100's & 2 200's by Eddie, & they're all perfect (except for the war bangs from matches).

It's a crap shoot on whether you'll find exactly what you're looking for. The show is enormous. It'll take most of a day to walk up and down each aisle and scan the tables. And that's if you don't linger at any of them. It's pretty overwhelming. It's an experience I've enjoyed and you might too. You may end up leaving without what you came for though.

Last year I didn't find any great deals to be had. Prices are about the same and sometimes more than you'll find at a local gun store, but there's a lot of variety.

Archived