SASS Wire Forum

Does anybody short stroke a Winchester, Miroku, '73/'66?

Preacherman

Hi, Does anybody short stroke a Winchester, Miroku, '73/'66? I know that some of our go to short stroke parts folks don't offer anything to work with. Thanks, Preacherman

So, what are you saying? That the factory parts are better than the Pioneer short stroke kit was and that you changed it back? 

They look almost the same. How much difference is there and what Gen is the Pioneer? Thanks

2 hours ago, Preacherman said:

They look almost the same. How much difference is there and what Gen is the Pioneer? Thanks

Man's got to know his limitations.  I'm a 60 second stage shooter.  What de'hell is a few degrees of lever travel going to help my times?  

3 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

Man's got to know his limitations.  I'm a 60 second stage shooter.  What de'hell is a few degrees of lever travel going to help my times?  

But that one tenth of a second shorter stroke could put you into the 59 second category.

Just now, Sedalia Dave said:

I think we need a new category.  Call it the Minute Man category. Winner is the person whose average stage time for the match is closest to 1 minute. :)  

Count me IN!

Although I may have to speed up occasionally.

Boomstick (Jason Widmer) is another gunsmith that short strokes Mirokus.  As others have said a short stoke by itself won't make you a top shooter but it will make you faster than you were before.   If you really don't care about time I would not bother changing out the stock Miroku links.  Unlike the Uberti, the Mirokus really are very nice right out of the box and will serve most shooters very well without any modifications. 

I got what I need and kinda gave up on this as I had stumbled into a good deal on a '66 that didn't work out. Thanks all for your help and ideas. Preacherman

I know, I tried that, but I'm too weak!!! That's why I need all the help that I can get, :lol: :rolleyes:

Archived