SASS Wire Forum

California shooters need to read this!

Yeah, we knew this would be coming. Thank God we have all our fellow countryman on our side ready to help fight another battle for our rights in these United States... oh, wait, whatever could I be thinking. That’s never happened before. Why would it happen now?

Thanks for the heads up, OLG. 

Lumpy and Charlie have sounded the alarm:  :(

California Legislation introduced to ban target shooting with lead ammunition!

I can think of no more eloquent description of this situation than to say that it plumb sucks.  angry-or-grumpy.gif

37 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Yeah, we knew this would be coming. Thank God we have all our fellow countryman on our side ready to help fight another battle for our rights in these United States... oh, wait, whatever could I be thinking. That’s never happened before. Why would it happen now?

Thanks for the heads up, OLG. 

What can we do to help?

11 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

What can we do to help?

Send lead in unmarked boxes?

19 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

What can we do to help?

Pray, maybe...?  :(

I'm not one to wish ill on anyone.  But a well-aimed meteorite or hunk of space junk could be effective.  Or a chunk o' "blue ice" from a high-flying airliner....  <_<

:ph34r:  This kind of thing is what happens when Demos have a free hand.  We are outnumbered at least 2.5 to 1 in the state legislature, both houses.  The Dems have a 'super majority', so there's no way to stop them, and they run amuck.

Once a bullet is fired, and it lays on the ground, it is rather benign, and not harmful.  Besides, where the hell do they think the stuff comes from?  It comes from out of the GROUND!  :wacko:

This would certainly kill all of your shooting sports in California.  With no ranges or organized shooting sports, most of the gun stores would be forced out of business.  Of course, that's probably the goal.  I feel safer already.

7 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

What can we do to help?

Thank you for asking. :D

Perhaps folks can:
Send a small donation to the California Rifle and Pistol Association (CRPA).

https://crpa.org/

OR,

Send a small donations to Gun Owners if California.

https://www.gunownersca.com

And, 

Throw some moral support our way when holding us up as an example of what these leftists are doing and what they WILL do across the country using environmental regulations to infringe on people’s rights. 

California is the Left’s test bench for how they want to destroy the rest of America in their quest for their utopia. 

Thank you :)

31 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

If this passes what would happen to SASS in California? Plastic bullets??:o

More than likely would have to go to paper targets but it would likely be the death of SASS (and other shooting sports) in California. I really for bad for all of the good, sensible folks that have to endure this kind of crap even though they fight like hell to prevent it. The odds are stacked immensely against them.I imagine that is how Custer felt at Little Big Horn.

24 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

More than likely would have to go to paper targets but it would likely be the death of SASS (and other shooting sports) in California. I really for bad for all of the good, sensible folks that have to endure this kind of crap even though they fight like hell to prevent it. The odds are stacked immensely against them.I imagine that is how Custer felt at Little Big Horn.

How would paper targets overcome the "no lead rule"? 

Maybe this?.............

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/alternative-ammo/

Just now, Rye Miles #13621 said:

How would paper targets overcome the "no lead rule"? 

In theory, very expensive copper bullets and steel shot could be fired at paper, but NOT steel targets.  

Not practical at all.  :(

1 minute ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

In theory, very expensive copper bullets and steel shot could be fired at paper, but NOT steel targets.  

Not practical at all.  :(

Okay, never thought of that.:o

Wait 'til the other shoe drops.....

If this debacle should pass, I would fully expect follow-up legislation requiring ranges to "clean up" many years accumulation of lead.  This could bankrupt most, if not all, public ranges and clubs - and possibly even individual club members.  :(

Imagine trying to score CAS like IDPA.

No way would that work.

It's a numbers game.

When the "Demanding Mom's" flood the statehouse with red shirts, you need at least twice as many gun folks to show up.

With shirts that are for "G" rated audiences please.

I know from friends in politics that they have staff that actually count and estimate crowd numbers.

For many years, I am embarrassed to say, I sat on the sidelines. Let the other guy go to the capitol, ride the bus, buy the shirts, etc.

I was a lazy jerk. I expected the NRA or other groups to swoop in at the last minute and save my butt. After all, I wrote them a check!

Like all the season ticket holders not showing up for home games. What message do those empty seats send to the home team?

Apathy is the real enemy here.

I am a recovering apatha-holic.

28 minutes ago, Lawdog Dago Dom said:

It's a numbers game.

When the "Demanding Mom's" flood the statehouse with red shirts, you need at least twice as many gun folks to show up.

With shirts that are for "G" rated audiences please.

I know from friends in politics that they have staff that actually count and estimate crowd numbers.

For many years, I am embarrassed to say, I sat on the sidelines. Let the other guy go to the capitol, ride the bus, buy the shirts, etc.

I was a lazy jerk. I expected the NRA or other groups to swoop in at the last minute and save my butt. After all, I wrote them a check!

Like all the season ticket holders not showing up for home games. What message do those empty seats send to the home team?

Apathy is the real enemy here.

I am a recovering apatha-holic.

I think Virginia proved that simply having our side show up in large numbers merely encourages the anti-gun politicians to thumb their noses back at us.

Maybe once people in California realize they're not even allowed to shoot their .22 rimfires or .177 pellet guns anymore a few of them might wake up.

Here in Sacramento county, you have to go a range to shoot a BB or pellet gun.
They are illegal in the county. country
However... a compound bow is fully legal for the back yard.

This isn't about lead safety, it is about squelching firearms through every possible means.

I have lived here since 1967 and watched it go from a shining industrial power to a 3rd world oppressive hell.
The lead ban may be the final straw that pushes me over the edge.

My #4 won't be out of nursing school until 5/21, but I don't think I can stand it here that long.
We may just leave her the house and run.
I can fund her from any distance.

7 hours ago, bgavin said:

I have lived here since 1967 and watched it go from a shining industrial power to a 3rd world oppressive hell.

My #4 won't be out of nursing school until 5/21, but I don't think I can stand it here that long.

Come to Springfield MO, you'll shoot at some great clubs and we'll have some fun.

OLG 

7 hours ago, bgavin said:

You're welcome here in Ohio. Weather is not great but not awful either and there's shoots every weekend no matter what part of Ohio you live in. We normally shoot from April through November and some clubs shoot in the winter if there's not a blizzard. Cost of living is probably 1/5 the cost of California, at least housing anyway. Lots of great shooters in this state! You can own any gun you want too! Concealed carry is easy to get too! C'mon and check out the Wild Wild Midwest!!:FlagAm:

Thanks!
I have drawn several work assignments in Columbus... always during the dead of winter.
Yowza baby... you do get cold
BTW, I traveled for IBM for 25 years.. and Columbus was THE most friendly place I ever stayed.
Hands-down most friendly.

I'm in a paid-off $300k house with $2k property taxes here in CA.

1 hour ago, bgavin said:

Thanks!
I have drawn several work assignments in Columbus... always during the dead of winter.
BTW, I traveled for IBM for 25 years.. and Columbus was THE most friendly place I ever stayed.

Guess you haven't been to Springfield MO then. ^_^

OLG 

Drove around southern MO last week with a realtor.

Had a fantastic dinner at Paula Deen's in Branson. Friendly folks all around.

Great area, eager to move so I can pester OLG and J-Bar:D.

On 2/23/2020 at 9:08 PM, Bad Bascomb, SASS # 47,494 said:

:ph34r:  This kind of thing is what happens when Demos have a free hand.  We are outnumbered at least 2.5 to 1 in the state legislature, both houses.  The Dems have a 'super majority', so there's no way to stop them, and they run amuck.

Once a bullet is fired, and it lays on the ground, it is rather benign, and not harmful.  Besides, where the hell do they think the stuff comes from?  It comes from out of the GROUND!  :wacko:

they are to darn dumb to figure it out,  they think it comes from the lead store where it's made at.

The only way SASS will survive is by transitioning to non-lead frangible bullets and lead free primers. However you will first have to find a vender that will cater to the bullets that CAS shooters prefer.

Nontoxic and frangible bullets

Wonder how many of them own stock in one of these companies???  Remember follow the money. :angry:

Welcome to Frangible Bullets

FRANGIBLE AMMUNITION AND GREEN BULLETS

Fenix Ammunition, LLC

11 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Come to Springfield MO, you'll shoot at some great clubs and we'll have some fun.

OLG 

and they have a truckload of nursing schools.

10 hours ago, bgavin said:

Thanks!

I'm in a paid-off $300k house with $2k property taxes here in CA.

You could get a great house in Columbus for 300K, probably less and the taxes should be roughly the same. We've had really mild winters the last two years, it comes and goes. The trade off for your freedoms is well worth it! California is the LAST place I would move! (No offense)

Archived