SASS Wire Forum

This was brought to my attention by OLG!

Charlie T Waite

Per OLG "It will kill SASS in Ca along with many other shooting disciplines"   After reading the bill text I would agree with him.

AB-3071 Lead ammunition: shooting ranges.

What material can be substituted for a lead bullet that will work as well as lead?

It will kill trap shooting as well.

It is time for the NRA to get off their dead asses and start making full court presses in CA.
If this bill passes, CA will effectively shut down a huge amount of firearm use.

11 minutes ago, bgavin said:

It will kill trap shooting as well.

It is time for the NRA to get off their dead asses and start making full court presses in CA.
If this bill passes, CA will effectively shut down a huge amount of firearm use.

FACT-

IF, this disaster becomes law.

It will spread East.....

OLG 

1 hour ago, Nickel City Dude said:

What material can be substituted for a lead bullet that will work as well as lead?

Maybe bismuth - about five times the cost of lead, and MUCH more difficult to acquire.  :(

Not surprisingly, the two legislators are from the San Francisco Bay Area - Mullin from the S F Peninsula (just south of the city), and Wieckowski from Fremont. 

Personally, I am quite weary of being treated like an inferior class by the "enlightened" jackass urbanites in power.  Good Grief - ENOUGH, already!!    doh!.gif

North first, then East.
Oregon, Washington, then Nevada.
Arizona might hold out a little longer.

Idaho will be polarized.
Liberal Boise on one side, the rest of the state on the other.
Same for Denver and Colorado.

The time is long overdue for NRA to stop spending so much $$ on "management" and spending more $$$ on lawsuits.

Naperville, Illinois has banned Lead shot for trapshooting and the 2 clubs there can only use steel shot. The banning of lead bullets and shot has been floating around in different forms in Illinois for some time and it has usually been local governments using the argument that lead is a hazardous material to help shutdown gun ranges and using local or state EPA to do the job.. The club I belong to has a lead abatement program and we have to have our ranges mined for lead every couple of years. I have not check recently, but Illinois has several laws about the makeup of bullets that can be used here.

If the recall effort of Newsom has not yet failed, it most certainly will fail.
They are pulling out all the stops... the Secretary of State has been refusing to accept signed petitions.
Once the recall fails, Newsom will literally be invincible.

This will completely embolden his minions to make every move to squelch firearms in CA.

Here are 3 to 4 issues or causation's that float to the surface in no particular order

1st issue is lack of knowledge about the subject matter.

2nd issues is the willingness to believe false narratives from those who lack knowledge.

3rd issue is the apathy of those with knowledge.

4th issue is those without knowledge act only with emotion.

7 hours ago, Charlie T Waite said:

Here are 3 to 4 issues or causation's that float to the surface in no particular order

1st issue is lack of knowledge about the subject matter.

2nd issues is the willingness to believe false narratives from those who lack knowledge.

3rd issue is the apathy of those with knowledge.

4th issue is those without knowledge act only with emotion.

It's SOP for'em to lie.....

OLG 

On 2/29/2020 at 8:31 AM, bgavin said:

I am curious how this will apply to private property and private (club) ranges.

Seriously, all it would take is a complaint about possible ground water contamination.

Archived