SASS Wire Forum

"How Did This Happen?"

Subdeacon Joe

If you get all of your previous firearms training from playing video games, where if the gun is shot empty you wiggle the gun and it immediately reloads, I can see this happening.

He shoots 20 rounds. He wiggles the gun. It always worked with call of duty. :D

That's why Sergeants and Warrant Officers look old before their time.

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 10:14 AM, Red Wolf said:

Wow, just wow.  And we have the best military in the world?

Red Wolf

Generations ago recruits were typically small-town farmboys who learned how to shoot when they were kids. Unfortunately the pool that they have to choose from these days includes urban kids who never even saw a gun outside of movies and video games.

This thread caused me to pull out an NCIS rerun last night. Jimmy and ducky had been kidnapped by three bad guys. They managed to make a booby trap they blew up and killed one bad guy and allowed them to escape. On the way out the door Jimmy snatched up the bad guy's Beretta.

Now they are out in the woods with two bad guys looking for them. Ducky says that he should take charge of the pistol, because of his "prior military training". Jimmy poo poos that. "With a musket!" Goes on to tell how Ducky was old and his reflexes were gone, while he was young in the prime of his life. Ducky asked him if he had ever fired a gun before. "No, but I have beaten Blackhawk Down 6 times."

So Ducky played the bait, and when the bad guy was about to shoot him, Jimmy jumps out of the woods blasting at him, with his eyes shut. Empties the gun and continues pulling the trigger until Ducky stops him. Hit the bad guy one time, lightly, in the arm.

But he had beaten Blackhawk Down 6 times. :oB)

Archived