SASS Wire Forum

Clint Eastwood, I'm shocked!

Rye Miles #13621

1 minute ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Your comparison is pretty lame. An actor vs a neurosurgeon? Really? :lol:

Really. Do you care what your doc's politics are when you pay him for his services? Or your grocer? So why the actor? Every one of 'em is providing goods or services; that's the only reason we pay them anything.

I like to go to plays and symphonies. I shudder to think what the politics of all of those performers on the stage are! No, actually, I don't think about it at all.....

16 minutes ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

Really. Do you care what your doc's politics are when you pay him for his services? Or your grocer? So why the actor? Every one of 'em is providing goods or services; that's the only reason we pay them anything.

I like to go to plays and symphonies. I shudder to think what the politics of all of those performers on the stage are! No, actually, I don't think about it at all.....

I get what you're saying Red, but my whole point was I was SHOCKED to know that Clint was kinda anti-gun, especially if he's backing Bloomberg, the most radical anti-gunner on the planet! Pretty disgusting I think! It actually makes me a little sick! :(

3 minutes ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

I can't speak for Pat, but I care. My doctor's building has a sign on it - No Weapons of any Kind Permitted. I carry my gun concealed and take off my shirt when the doctor requests. He's a gun person and doesn't care what the sign says, if fact, we talk guns for most of the visit. I shop at a well known grocer that originated in Lakeland and is not anti-gun. I'll even shop at Walmart on occasion but you'll never see me in a Target.

I try not to support any a$$hole person or business that is anti-gun. If that includes not going to see their movie, shop at their place of business or buy any of their products.....that's what I do. I don't buy Levi's, visit 7-Eleven, drink Pepsi, buy Frito-Lay products or pay to see Alec Baldwin movies.

Each to their own I guess....

2 hours ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

What do you care? Sounds like you are just spinning yourself up. 

Since you don’t think about it at all then this discussion really doesn’t matter.

2 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

I can't speak for Pat, but I care. My doctor's building has a sign on it - No Weapons of any Kind Permitted. I carry my gun concealed and take off my shirt when the doctor requests. He's a gun person and doesn't care what the sign says, if fact, we talk guns for most of the visit. I shop at a well known grocer that originated in Lakeland and is not anti-gun. I'll even shop at Walmart on occasion but you'll never see me in a Target.

I try not to support any a$$hole person or business that is anti-gun. If that includes not going to see their movie, shop at their place of business or buy any of their products.....that's what I do. I don't buy Levi's, visit 7-Eleven, drink Pepsi, buy Frito-Lay products or pay to see Alec Baldwin movies.

Each to their own I guess....

We can continue to eliminate places that disagree with our values in our personal lives but the scary thing is this young generation knows and cares little about WWII and why we went to war to protect our way of life . Our freedom is not a given right as Bernie Sanders says, it's earned through sacrifice, loyalty and devotion to our founding fathers ideas what is right and their pursuance of liberty for our country .

14 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I get what you're saying Red, but my whole point was I was SHOCKED to know that Clint was kinda anti-gun, especially if he's backing Bloomberg, the most radical anti-gunner on the planet! Pretty disgusting I think! It actually makes me a little sick! :(

We're looking at this with the "filter" of gun rights supporters, just remember Clint is not a gun person and so he sees this in a different light using different "filters." Bloomberg was a Republican until 2007 and didn't become a Democrat until 2018, with many of the progressives still viewing him as a Republican. Eastwood most likely sees him as the most conservative option to Trump. 

On 2/23/2020 at 10:53 AM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I found this...............

Views on gun control[edit]

Despite being heavily associated with firearms in his Westerns and police movies, Eastwood has publicly endorsed gun control since at least 1973. In the April 24, 1973, edition of The Washington Post, the star said, "I'm for gun legislation myself. I don't hunt."[25] Two years later, in 1975, Eastwood told People magazine that he favors "gun control to some degree."[26] About a year later, Eastwood remarked that "All guns should be registered. I don't think legitimate gun owners would mind that kind of legislation. Right now the furor against a gun law is by gun owners who are overreacting. They're worried that all guns are going to be recalled. It's impossible to take guns out of circulation, and that's why firearms should be registered and mail-order delivery of guns halted."[27] In 1993, he noted that he "...was always a backer" of the Brady Bill, with its federally mandated waiting period.[28] In 1995, Eastwood questioned the purpose of assault weapons. Larry King, the television host and newspaper columnist, wrote in the May 22, 1995, edition of USA Today that "my interview with Eastwood will air on 'Larry King Weekend' ... I asked him his thoughts on the NRA and gun control and he said that while people think of him as pro-gun, he has always been in favor of controls. 'Why would anyone need or want an assault weapon?' he said."[29]

He should educate himself about "Reasonable Gun Laws" and their result in the UK and here in Canada, then re-think his position and withdraw it.

Failing that, he's a hypocrite.

15 hours ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

For me the difference is that my Dr. doesn't appear on MSM pushing his political views on others.

We live in an era where restaurants are refusing service to people who are known Republicans or are wearing MAGA hats, and the courts are allowing it because being a gun owner or a conservative doesn't place you in a protected group. I knew someone who parked his truck (which was adorned with NRA and pro-2A stickers) in a very left-leaning district in Seattle for a day and wound up with it being badly vandalized. This entire country is splitting down the middle, and it's only going to get worse.

As a right-wing American, here is what I believe:

I do believe that we Americans should remember that we are all in this experiment together.  Just because an American disagrees with my political opinions does not give me leave to question his/her character or patriotism.  Character and patriotism is not defined by one's political opinions.  There are some liberal friends of mine that I would trust the lives of my family into their hands and there are some conservative friends that I would not.

Want to heal the divide in this country?  Then remember that we Americans have more in common than we have differences. 

Now, I'll get down off my soapbox.  By golly!! ^_^

31 minutes ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

I do believe that we Americans should remember that we are all in this experiment together.  Just because an American disagrees with my political opinions does not give me leave to question his/her character or patriotism.  Character and patriotism is not defined by one's political opinions.  There are some liberal friends of mine that I would trust the lives of my family into their hands and there are some conservative friends that I would not.

Want to heal the divide in this country?  Then remember that we Americans have more in common than we have differences. 

Unfortunately every time I try to remember that they go back to talking about taking my guns away, and we're back to square one. :angry:

38 minutes ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Now, I'll get down off my soapbox.  By golly!! ^_^

I couldn't agree with you more Birdgun. I'd love to see the divide in this Country healed.....I just don't want to give up my gun rights to do it.

34 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

I couldn't agree with you more Birdgun. I'd love to see the divide in this Country healed.....I just don't want to give up my gun rights to do it.

Me too, but I'm afraid it'll take another Civil War before the healing starts.

9 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Me too, but I'm afraid it'll take another Civil War before the healing starts.

Boy I hope that you are incorrect, that 's the last thing that this Country needs. The last time I remember the entire Country coming together was the day after 9/11. There was no Democrats or Republicans, Blacks or Whites, Rich or Poor, Pro-gun or Anti-gun.....there was just us, pissed off Americans with a common bond and unity.

Didn't take long for the divide to begin again......

1 minute ago, Cypress Sun said:

Boy I hope that you are incorrect, that 's the last thing that this Country needs. The last time I remember the entire Country coming together was the day after 9/11. There was no Democrats or Republicans, Blacks or Whites, Rich or Poor, Pro-gun or Anti-gun.....there was just us, pissed off Americans with a common bond and unity.

Didn't take long for the divide to begin again......

01/20/2009 to be specific.

When the federal government starts trying to confiscate firearms it'll get real ugly I'm afraid. Were one election from that happening.

1 hour ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Unfortunately every time I try to remember that they go back to talking about taking my guns away, and we're back to square one. :angry:

You are back to square one only if you or they question character or patriotism.  I believe we have the freedom to propose our political beliefs and anti-gun beliefs are protected by the 1st Amendment.  I believe it's going to be very hard for the anti-gun folks to overturn the 2nd.  But, let us vigorously argue for our gun rights, write our representatives and senators, support pro-gun organizations, take to the street in peaceful demonstration, but never...ever...let us demean a fellow citizen's character or patriotism because they disagree...even when they demean ours. 

As some predict a civil war, I will never take up arms, nor support the taking up of arms, against a fellow American.  Never!

;)  And I'll shoot the first person, left or right, that does take up arms against a fellow American!  By golly!! ;)

I just ripped up a poster of Eastwood as Josey Wales and I'm going to get rid of any movies I have of him. I only have a couple maybe 3. I can't stand the sight of his turncoat hypocritical face!

%^$# You Clint!:angry:

21 minutes ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

If I'm still creative and productive at age 89, maybe I'll do that, too.

So you'd turn your back on your fellow gun owners???? 

• 2 weeks later...

Quite a few of my fellow octogenarians are failing both physically and mentally. Even septugenarians like Biden have mental issues. Liberals always look for our elderly icons to see if they are confused. They found one in Clint.

This El Rey has just become even more similar to Louis Quatorze and Attila the Hun.   :P

11 hours ago, Mud Marine,SASS#54686 Life said:

Quite a few of my fellow octogenarians are failing both physically and mentally. Even septugenarians like Biden have mental issues. Liberals always look for our elderly icons to see if they are confused. They found one in Clint.

This El Rey has just become even more similar to Louis Quatorze and Attila the Hun.   :P

Another area where elders' confusion becomes a political issue is voter fraud.

There are several instances over the past few elections where people in nursing homes have been exploited by party workers who requested mail-in ballots for the elderly patients, then filled in the ballots and sent them in.

I do expect there to be 'pull out all the stops' efforts in the 2020 election.

20 hours ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:

Another area where elders' confusion becomes a political issue is voter fraud.

There are several instances over the past few elections where people in nursing homes have been exploited by party workers who requested mail-in ballots for the elderly patients, then filled in the ballots and sent them in.

I do expect there to be 'pull out all the stops' efforts in the 2020 election.

Put Harry Callahan on it.

5 hours ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

Put Harry Callahan on it.

Callahan only exists in Eastwood's idiotic hypocritical liberal mind!:angry:

Archived