SASS Wire Forum

Useful Invention(s)

Fence Cutter

Those ads were to collect an armload of uncanceled, valuable postage!

Cat Brules

When I was a kid (but they could not tell that from the coupon I sent in) I sent off my postage stamp (only did it twice) and never received answers.
One was for a religious booklet

the other was sports related

Who knows?

Cat Brules

Ah, the lucrative world of “valuable postage”...now brother, that is the ticket right there. If you get a leg up in that scheme you are really going places. :P:D:lol:

Used to be coupons on the backs of cereal boxes. "Send two box tops and 50¢ (no stamps) to..."

For the longest time I thought they meant Savings Stamps.

1057117040_SavingsStamps.jpg.512400cad5bd98ad0ae9b7d84a2008ab.jpg

I couldn't understand why not. Five ten-cent stamps was the same thing as  five dimes.

Then somehow I found out they meant they didn't want $0.50 worth of postage stamps.

Never did figure out why somebody would want to send postage stamps. Postage stamps weren't "money". But saving stamps were.

Send them a stamp and see what ya get.  According to Google the zip code is 10038.  On google street view the building looks like it's being rennovated, but there's a computer and camera store in it.  So you may get something good.  Or the mail may go to the pita place next door and that might be good too. 

Smokey spent those 2 quarters on cigarettes!

I’ll bet you 50¢ on that!

Cat Brules

Archived