SASS Wire Forum

Killjoys

Subdeacon Joe

First thing it made me think of was the HOA in Helen Brimstone's neighborhood.  :huh:

She gets right steamed up when she gets a "nastygram" from 'em.  And it happens frequently: 

There was a car parked in front of your house last night!  Your mailbox leans!  There's a spot on your garage door!  Your grass is brown! (this one is bunk ~ city imposed water rationingThere was a car parked in your driveway at midnight!  You repaired/replaced part of your fence without approval! (exact match with original)  There's mistletoe in your tree!  And on and on and on...  :wacko:

45 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Oops sorry, I intended to add the link! I must have been laughing at it too hard again.

36 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

First thing it made me think of was the HOA in Helen Brimstone's neighborhood.  :huh:

She gets right steamed up when she gets a "nastygram" from 'em.  And it happens frequently: 

There was a car parked in front of your house last night!  Your mailbox leans!  There's a spot on your garage door!  Your grass is brown! (this one is bunk ~ city imposed water rationingThere was a car parked in your driveway at midnight!  You repaired/replaced part of your fence without approval! (exact match with original)  There's mistletoe in your tree!  And on and on and on...  :wacko:

Why I will never, ever live in an HOA. I would live in my car or a cave first. I would hurt someone.

Joe - I just remembered!  You have met Ms Helen Brimstone!  She was riding herd on a mob of Cub Scouts at a Civil War Revisited event, and we visited with you when you were on a cannon crew!  :)

Sweet lady - but she undergoes this amazing transformation when she gets an HOA Nastygram.  I've actually heard her say some kinda bad words a time or two or twelve or...  :rolleyes:  ^_^

“Mistletoe in your tree”?

Yeah, okay!  Well, c’mon over here, you old cow!  I’ll give ya a kiss....I’ve been vaccinated so’s I won’t catch nothin’!!

OR,

So you’re Mizzus Ayho!?

What does that mean to you, Helen?

I’ve heard about you.

What have you heard Helen?

I’ve heard you’re a lowdown, frustrated smellfungus!!

Cat Brules

9 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Joe - I just remembered!  You have met Ms Helen Brimstone!  She was riding herd on a mob of Cub Scouts at a Civil War Revisited event, and we visited with you when you were on a cannon crew!  :)

Sweet lady - but she undergoes this amazing transformation when she gets an HOA Nastygram.  I've actually heard her say some kinda bad words a time or two or twelve or...  :rolleyes:  ^_^

I vaguely recall meeting her, but danged if I can recall much about her.

Well, I'd tell them to stuff it as there were no rules against having fun in the lease I signed (and I know because i actually read all that stuff and mark out the parts I don't like).  Then find a new place to live when the lease was up because they'd be sure to include them next time. 

10 hours ago, Cat Brules said:

“Mistletoe in your tree”?

Yeah, okay!  Well, c’mon over here, you old cow!  I’ll give ya a kiss....I’ve been vaccinated so’s I won’t catch nothin’!!

OR,

So you’re Mizzus Ayho!?

What does that mean to you, Helen?

I’ve heard about you.

What have you heard Helen?

I’ve heard you’re a lowdown, frustrated smellfungus!!

Cat Brules

Uh... Cat... Helen Brimstone (her SASS alias) is one of the "good guys."  She's not with the HOA ~ she's just another resident "target" of theirs.  Those were just a few samples of the many "nastygrams" they've sent her.  :huh:

YES......I know

“She...Helen” is Shane, speaking in conversation to Mizzus Ayhol, above, in a movie line lifted from “Shane”.  Shane was conversing with Jack Wilson in the saloon, provoking Wilson into a gunfight.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NE3mHhpGV2A

NOTE:  copy/paste the above link into your browser.
The link will not imbed in the Wire.

Cat Brules

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 10:26 PM, Tyrel Cody said:

I'm sorry, but if I can't yodel I have to move.

That was my first thought too, Tyrel.  I guess we couldn't play Jimmy Rodgers "Blue Yodel #9" or Eddy Arnolds "Cattle Call" loudly after 10PM or we'd break both rules #2 and #3.

6 hours ago, Marshal Hangtree said:

That was my first thought too, Tyrel.  I guess we couldn't play Jimmy Rodgers "Blue Yodel #9" or Eddy Arnolds "Cattle Call" loudly after 10PM or we'd break both rules #2 and #3.

They didn't say anything about bagpipes!:D

Archived