SASS Wire Forum

Where can I find the rules for shooting “Outlaw”?

Sawyer

4 minutes ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

Not an official SASS category/class

We still got rules.

Otherwise we'd be just a bunch of...

...well you know.

:lol:

Waimea

5 minutes ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

Not an official SASS category/class

Not an Official SASS Category but honored at most matches in my neck of the woods including The Tennessee State Championship and the Southeast Regional.

Randy

25 minutes ago, lickskillet charlie said:

Sheep Herders:D

Hey you woke up from your nap.

Good for you.:lol:

OUTLAWS! WE IS OUTLAWS!

The down side of clubs recognizing catagories/classes that are not sanctioned by SASS is that club rules can be very different from each other.

Thanks to all!  Hey Big Sage, I think I will make it recognized/official category.  The President and Board members of Sawyer’s  Shooting School just met,voted, and made it official.  We will direct SASS to make the change soon!

Sawyer,

Although I ain't an OUTLAW nor a spokesman for them, here is my answer to your question

and others comments.

The OUTLAW's follow SASS Rules.  Within those Rules, they have guidelines for shooting

a certain style with SG and Pistols.    Some of them are incredibly good shooters.

Contact TN Tombstone.   He would give you the actual info about OUTLAW's.

They are a force to be reckoned.

..........Widder

4 hours ago, Sawyer said:

We will direct SASS to make the change soon!

Good Luck!  Has to voted in by Territorial Gov's.

El Rey is not a category, it is an age classification eg: male 85 and over. Can be used with all the age based catagories.

1 hour ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

El Rey is not a category, it is an age classification eg: male 85 and over. Can be used with all the age based catagories.

I'd have quit while I was still ahead... all age groupings are categories... Buckaroo/ette, Junior, Cowboy, 49er, etc., are all categories.  Style and Costume categories can be further divided by age groupings... We should hope we all get to become eligible for El Rey, and still participate.

14 hours ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:
18 hours ago, Sawyer said:

We will direct SASS to make the change soon!

Good Luck!  Has to voted in by Territorial Gov's.

Well, there goes the category.

Certain ranges are not conducive for Outlaw. Many of the Outlaws are great shooters but when you get a person that has no experience in it and tries to "wing" it when you have short berms and houses surrounding the club it's a different story. 

I would love to let the proficient Outlaws shoot at the club but it's not a good fit for the inexperienced, curious or frustrated to test it out. 

So if it becomes a SASS category it's one we won't be able to offer unfortunately due to the club rules. 

Archived