SASS Wire Forum

Ruger lcp 22

Trigger Mike

One found it's way to my house.  Sadly it only has one magazine.  Happily it has a pocket holster.  I had read a review complaining about the location of the safety but it seems fine to me and functions with ease.  

Working the slide took very little effort and seemed like anyone,  even with weak hands or a hand injury could work it.  The sights are low like the 380 version.  

I loaded the magazine with 10 rounds of CCI Stinger.  I found a wooden fence post not doing anything and fired after drawing it from my pocket.  Everything was smooth and flawless for all 10 rounds.  The group was small on the fence post.  The noise level was less than you would expect in a short barrel.   A good pistol all around. 

1 hour ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Would never use a .22 for my primary SD gun.

Those of us who can do better, should.

Unfortunately there are people out there with very limited hand strength for any number of reasons, and a .22 may be the most gun they can handle.

1 hour ago, Trigger Mike said:

I am trying it out today as a backup to a kimber.  It doesn't pull my pants down.  

But that's good camouflage in the areas you need the Kimber! Lol

I carried a similar slim little shooter as a lawman, it hid nicely behind the wallet.
It was not my primary argument nor was it the secondary; it did what a Derringer did in period:  it stayed out of the way very nicely.

I carried it with the full knowledge that, as a wiser gun scribe than I once observed, "It makes a good branding iron. Somebody shot with one will need surgery within 48 hours or they'll die of infection."

Archived