SASS Wire Forum

Can't Find My Load Recipe

Tequila Shooter

I did a search but didn't come up with much.  I'm using APP, I've been reloading on a MEC using plastic shells, now I'm trying brass 12ga.  I'm planning on dipping the powder but I can't remember how much I was using.  Anyone have a recipe for a light load using 7/8-1 oz shot, not sure how much powder to use.  Thanks.

56 minutes ago, Tequila Chase said:

I did a search but didn't come up with much.  I'm using APP, I've been reloading on a MEC using plastic shells, now I'm trying brass 12ga.  I'm planning on dipping the powder but I can't remember how much I was using.  Anyone have a recipe for a light load using 7/8-1 oz shot, not sure how much powder to use.  Thanks.

I use real BP but my rule of thumb is to load a square load.  That said, I shoot 1 oz of shot to 60-65 grs of FFG.  For a light load, 3/4 oz with 50-55 grs FFG.  Both loads with a Claybuster 1138 red wad.

I shoot nothing but All Brass 12Ga with APP 2f.  I really like 40Gr (weighed), then a dipper cut for that amount, 1/8 nitro over powder, BPI 1044 plastic wad cut for a 1 Oz payload.  Very pleasant.  Takes anything down when fair hit.  I am going to be trying a different 12Ga wad this season to cut recoil as I am now on Blood Thinner.

PS:  My other recipe is two layers of Bacon on toasted Sourdough, Sliced Tomato, Shredded Lettuce and Mayo to taste.  Yum

"...PS:  My other recipe is two layers of Bacon on toasted Sourdough, Sliced Tomato, Shredded Lettuce and Mayo to taste.  Yum..."

i cannot argue with the pure logic of that , even if it kills me , ill have a smile on my face when i go , that said i cannot help beyond the info offered , i do learn from all of these those for when i am ready to make the change and take up the BP torch , 

5 hours ago, watab kid said:

"...PS:  My other recipe is two layers of Bacon on toasted Sourdough, Sliced Tomato, Shredded Lettuce and Mayo to taste.  Yum..."

i cannot argue with the pure logic of that , even if it kills me , ill have a smile on my face when i go , that said i cannot help beyond the info offered , i do learn from all of these those for when i am ready to make the change and take up the BP torch , 

Once you shoot black there's no going back :ph34r:

I'm using 11 gauge over powder and wads because the brass hull is thinner than the plastic. Did you guys find a plastic wad that fits the brass hull tight?

I also found that with "honed" chambers and because the brass doesn't expand like plastic wads I get a lot of blowback! Any thoughts on this?

Ike

Archived