SASS Wire Forum

Another Reason Not To Drink and Drive

Subdeacon Joe

1 hour ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

AMEN Brother, I mean Subdeacon.

Or just the common usage here, SDJ.  Kind of odd, except at the Chalice I rarely use that title at church.  What with the priests and deacons, and occasionally a bishop or two around it seems kind of pretentious there.

54 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Making death notifications was not a fun part of the job.

Did to many-several still haunt me to this day.:(

The worst was telling a parent that their child was dead, through no fault of the child.

OLG 

6 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

The worst was telling a parent that their child was dead, through no fault of the child.

OLG 

Agreed.  Saw every emotion you can name doing that.  Been attacked, had doors slammed in my face, saw quiet acceptance and had to have medical treatment for parents after delivering the horrible news.  

2 hours ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

Agreed.  Saw every emotion you can name doing that.  Been attacked, had doors slammed in my face, saw quiet acceptance and had to have medical treatment for parents after delivering the horrible news.  

I had one parent commit suicide, just hours after I told them their child had been killed in a TC that I had responded to.

The kid's car was hit head on by a DUI driver.

OLG 

My oldest daughter, my only child at the time, was killed by a drunk driver in her mother's front yard on May 4th, 1981. She was 21 months old.

I don't remember the dog's reaction.

Connie.jpg

16 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Image may contain: one or more people and meme, possible text that says 'DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE. YOUR DOG WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND WHY YOU DIDN'T COME HOME.'

Actually the caption should read "Someone else's dog will wonder why their owner never came home". It seems over and over I hear of drunk drivers killing the poor person they hit, yet walking away from the accident complaining of nothing but their hangover afterwards.

14 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

OLG 

When I left the PD the unit figured that I handled around 300 dead children alone. Notifications, autopsy, wound charts, photographs.

3 hours ago, Smoken D said:

When I left the PD the unit figured that I handled around 300 dead children alone. Notifications, autopsy, wound charts, photographs.

Taking the photographs was the second hardest part for me.

Still, it didn't compare to telling the family......

OLG 

Archived