SASS Wire Forum

Montana Vintage Arms scopes

Fence Cutter

If you are using them......

What caliber, power and range are you shooting?

Are you using them for hunting, long range matches, or BPCR?

What are your likes and dislikes?

Are there any other brands that you have used and liked or prefer?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

MVA scopes and mounts are tops. Made and built in Montana. 

Great for LR & BPCR.

Not so much for hunting. 

Call MVA and get the straight scoop from them.

OLG 

Great information right here, if anyone knows the long range shooting science it’s OLG.

I've got 2 MVA scopes, both 28 inches long.  I have shot BPCR Silhouette and Creedmoor matches for several years with them on rifles in 40-65 and 45-90.   On my 45-90, I have to take the front globe sight off when I am shooting more than 800 yards.  The angle is to great and the front sight blocks view thru the scope.  I think they are a great scope. 

I also have a DZ Arms scope that I sometimes use when shooting Silhouette.  Its a great scope also.  The mounts and adjustment nobs are a little easier to use on the DZ arms scope.  

These scopes will not stand up to rough handling.

Just because you can see the target better thru the scope, doesn't make the target any easier to hit.  Wind still has to factored into the sight adjustments etc. 

Thanks for your information.....

I know that MVA is a top-notch joint I've delt with them, but these ol time scopes are kinda new to me.

Anyone else have anything to add about these scopes or any other brand?

I agree with Lumpy.  I've had a MVA on my rifle for about 15 years. Works great for the intended purpose.  Target shooting. Not the scope to take hunting.  Ihave mil dots in mine which allow me to shoot past the normal adjustment. I use the second dot down as a zero and adjust from there.

Archived