Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sweetwater cody

New to this game

Recommended Posts

I found and purchased two original Vaqueros in .357 with Beasley frames for 500.00 each. They were also consecutive serial #s. I'm wondering if they are a good choice since I'm just starting out or would the new Vaquero with regular grips have been the better choice?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They’re perfectly fine. Personally I like the regular plow grips but some shooters use the Bisley grips. It’s a personal choice but the guns are fine. Welcome aboard!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Howdy!

Those are dandy shooters to start with and should you later decide on something different, it would just be a good excuse to buy more shooters. 

 

And holsters that compliment them.

 

 

And a rifle to match....

 

:D

Edited by Hendo
Brain fart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the welcome. I went to the local clubs practice shoot a month ago. Met some real nice folks, one let me shoot his Uberti 73 rifle. After looking at a bunch of reviews on lever guns I think I'm going to go that route and get the one in .357 with the 20" barrel. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Sweetwater cody said:

Thanks for the welcome. I went to the local clubs practice shoot a month ago. Met some real nice folks, one let me shoot his Uberti 73 rifle. After looking at a bunch of reviews on lever guns I think I'm going to go that route and get the one in .357 with the 20" barrel. 

 

Well, looky here what Hashknife Cowboy has for sale, Sweetwater.  BTW, welcome to the game!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No they're terrible, but I tell you what; I'll give you your money back and you can buy some New Model Vaqueros. 

 

 

 

 

I'm kidding of course, that's an awesome deal on a great set of guns for this game.

 

 

Welcome and get yourself to a match before you buy anything else.

Edited by Tyrel Cody
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

No they're terrible, but I tell you what; I'll give you your money back and you can buy some New Model Vaqueros. 

 

Don't listen to him.

He sells used toilet paper......:lol:

OLG 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where are you in California? Is it just me or are we getting quite a few new folks shooting here? It bodes well for our future.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

 

Don't listen to him.

He sells used toilet paper......:lol:

OLG 

 

And he's my best customer :P:lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tyrel Cody said:

 

And he's my best customer :P:lol:

 

I always try to help out the handicapped :P

OLG 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sweetwater cody said:

I found and purchased two original Vaqueros in .357 with Beasley frames for 500.00 each. They were also consecutive serial #s. I'm wondering if they are a good choice since I'm just starting out or would the new Vaquero with regular grips have been the better choice?

Welcome.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

Where are you in California? Is it just me or are we getting quite a few new folks shooting here? It bodes well for our future.

 

That would be great, but I think we are still decreasing in numbers. We had three members pass away this past year and a couple more that don't shoot as much due to health issues. We haven't shot much the past two years much due to grandson's baseball on week-ends.

Edited by Marshal Chance Morgun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Howdy, and welcome to the game, those Vaqueros are dandy revolvers, the '73 is a very popular rifle. For shotguns, shoot the '97 Winchester or one of it's clones, and then a  12 guage SxS coach gun both with 20" barrel lengths. There is a lever action shotgun but it doesn't seem as popular as the ' 97 or the coach guns. Read the SASS shooters handbook, it will answer many questions. And go to some matches and shoot!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hang with it.  And, stay with the Wire.

You will get a lot of good advice here on the Wire, and get your questions answered, too.

 

Cat Brules

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"...Where are you in California? Is it just me or are we getting quite a few new folks shooting here? It bodes well for our future...." 

 

i hope you are - that way maybe you can change that states attitudes , i admit im not certain how either is possible in the current climate , but then miracles do happen 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome Sweetwater!  I shoot Bisley's and love them.  Not that I have anything against plowhandle revolvers.  I just prefer Bisleys.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.