SASS Wire Forum

Looking for hats near Orlando

My family and I will be traveling to the Orlando Florida area in March.  Since quality cowboy hats are scarce as hens teeth here in New York we figured we would do some shopping while down there.  Can anyone recommend a shop in Orlando or within an hour that has a good supply of cowboy hats?

Call them.  They “cater” to the CAS/SASS community; David is the owner; he understands us.

David sells custom or pre-made hats.

D Bar J Hat Company
David Johnson
5960 South Topaz Street
Las Vegas, Nevada  89120
(702) 430-0681
dbarjhats@yahoo.com
https://www.dbarjhat.com

If cost is a significant issue, you could even check eBay.   EBay is iffy, of course, but check them out.   If I lived back East, those two would be my first stop.

I hope this helps.

Cat Brules

31 minutes ago, Cat Brules said:

Call them.  They “cater” to the CAS/SASS community; David is the owner; he understands us.

David sells custom or pre-made hats.

D Bar J Hat Company
David Johnson
5960 South Topaz Street
Las Vegas, Nevada  89120
(702) 430-0681
dbarjhats@yahoo.com
https://www.dbarjhat.com

If cost is a significant issue, you could even check eBay.   EBay is iffy, of course, but check them out.   If I lived back East, those two would be my first stop.

I hope this helps.

Cat Brules

Thanks Cat!  I'm familiar with that outfit.  Nothing wrong with them but I've had bad experiences buying hats on-line that I cannot try on.

Ranger - since hat sizes can vary from one brand to another when I want to buy a hat online I measure my head and give it to them.  Since I started doing that I haven't had any problems with reputable dealers. 

There is a western wear store just off the interstate in Ocala. And there are a few western wear stores around Orlando. I do not remember their names. All of them had Stetson and Restitol hats.

13 hours ago, Cholla said:

There is a western wear store just off the interstate in Ocala. And there are a few western wear stores around Orlando. I do not remember their names. All of them had Stetson and Restitol hats.

Russel's Western Wear i know carries Stetson and Resistol as well as a few cheaper brands and has a few stores in the area. I picked up a nice Stetson from them at a decent price

There are so many stores in Orlando that you could probably walk through them for weeks.  Surprisingly there are a lot of Western Wear stores in the area.  I have been to all of the below besides the neon cowboy.

Way Out West 43370 US-27, Davenport, FL 33837

Boot Barn 640 Centerview Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34741

Cavender's Boot City 11607 Regency Village Dr, Orlando, FL 32821

Boot Barn 5716 International Dr, Orlando, FL 32819

Boot Factory Outlet 5490 International Dr, Orlando, FL 32819

Tres Banderas Inc 455 W Silver Star Rd, Ocoee, FL 34761

Neon Cowboys 2312 Clark St b5, Apopka, FL 32703

Western Fashion Accessories 215 Hickman Dr # 101, Sanford, FL 32771

Archived