SASS Wire Forum

DANG IT !! Mr. LInn Keller ....

2 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Our Mr. Keller is a masterful writer!  :wub:

He most definitely is. I envy his talent.

Trust me to cause trouble!
My maternal grandfather, rest his soul, was a moonshiner and a moonrunner.
He also drove school bus and was janitor at our high school, both in his later years, and long after running moon (he taught me everything he knew -- hak-kaff! Har-rumph! I mean I listened politely to his tall tales!)
When I write of the boiler room, I write of HIS boiler room:  he'd hurt his back falling off a coal tipple at age sixteen, he had back pain for the rest of his life and worked anyway -- but when it got bad, he drafted my brother and I to work in his place. It was entirely unofficial and off the books -- teaching staff knew it, and expressed their gratitude and admiration -- we were tickled to do it, because we were helping Granddad!

When I write of the Firelands high school, the mental image I have is the Consolidated I attended.

I've stood on the back dock where Anna Mae came up on her toes to kiss her long tall boyfriend, and the field beyond is where Granddad saw a black panther, chased by dogs, run out into the field, look back, then flow like living India ink the rest of the way, up the bank and across the road, and up the side of the wooded ridge.

Now I can smell pancakes and honey ..... and coffee ......

Uncle Irish; ... check out the Short Stories thread .... and the Firelands the Beginning thread.

(I think you might agree with me ;))

:wub::wub::wub:

On 2/19/2020 at 5:12 PM, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

Now I can smell pancakes and honey ..... and coffee ......

Uncle Irish; ... check out the Short Stories thread .... and the Firelands the Beginning thread.

(I think you might agree with me ;))

:wub::wub::wub:

He was also one of the contributors to the "Trouble Comes to Stone Creek" that was a group effort story done here. It is worth reading for his contributions alone.

1 hour ago, Whiskey Business said:

Link please.

I'm surprised you weren't aware of it, since you are actually one of the characters! It's archived, but should show up. It is lengthy, at 13 pages, but like I said, worth it for Mr. Keller's contributions alone.

Archived