SASS Wire Forum

Rattlesnakes - A Standing Offer To Those Around Prescott, AZ

Cholla

Now that I'm back home again in Arizona, I am resuming my hobby of making rattlesnake leathercraft.

My offer is this: I will make for you one rattlesnake belt buckle if you give me one dead, headless, frozen rattlesnake with rattle intact.

Arizona has 21 species of rattlesnakes so ... No endangered species/protected species rattlesnakes. I believe they all reside down in the SE part of the state so anything from around Prescott should be fine. No bull snakes. No telling me that a bull snake is a female rattlesnake and only males have rattles. (It happened.)

Roadkill is "okay" as long as it is still mostly usable and not rotting away. If it makes you sick to pick it up, it's probably not usable.

Please do not skin and salt the hide for me. Just put the body in a plastic bag and freeze it.

Once I have the snake, please be patient. I do not use the skin until the scales come off which can take a month or more. If you don't care if you get a buckle from your snake and I have buckles ready, we can trade right then.

If you are interested, PM me. I live 17 miles out Williamson Valley Road. So if you live in Dewey, PV, CV, Prescott, Skull Valley, or Paulden we can meet up. If you live elsewhere in the state, my job takes me to Lake Havasu, Flagstaff, Phoenix, Chinle, Winslow and ??? but I never know when.

Thanks for your consideration.

IMG_1549.JPG

I used to live in Casa Grande and I made buckles and belts out of rattlesnakes too. I had more people bringing me snakes that I could handle. One morning I got up to leave for work and there was a paper bag on my front door step. I looked inside and it was a couple of big rattlers that I thought were dead, they weren’t. I put them in the refrigerator and left for work and about  an hour later my soon to be ex calls me and tells me there is a rattlesnake coiled up in her refrigerator. Needless to say snakes weren’t allowed in the refrigerator again. Turns out a couple of Indian guys that worked on the roads out on the reservation had caught them and dropped them off during the night.

5 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

I used to live in Casa Grande and I made buckles and belts out of rattlesnakes too. I had more people bringing me snakes that I could handle. One morning I got up to leave for work and there was a paper bag on my front door step. I looked inside and it was a couple of big rattlers that I thought were dead, they weren’t. I put them in the refrigerator and left for work and about  an hour later my soon to be ex calls me and tells me there is a rattlesnake coiled up in her refrigerator. Needless to say snakes weren’t allowed in the refrigerator again. Turns out a couple of Indian guys that worked on the roads out on the reservation had caught them and dropped them off during the night.

Yeah... my wife made me get my own freezer when we used to live here in the 80s and 90s. Live rattlesnakes... I think she would be my ex after that! As soon as I am legally able to buy a resident H/F license I'm going out to the dens I had located decades ago.

3 minutes ago, Cholla said:

Yeah... my wife made me get my own freezer when we used to live here in the 80s and 90s. Live rattlesnakes... I think she would be my ex after that! As soon as I am legally able to buy a resident H/F license I'm going out to the dens I had located decades ago.

Arizona has lots of snakes. Wimmen aren’t fond of snakes in the fridge, that’s for sure.

1 hour ago, bgavin said:

Ahhh Prescott... we had hoped to relocate there and bring our two Red votes.. but I don't think that is gonna happen.

Hey, it took 26 years for us to move back. You just never know.

Trapped by kids and declining health.
It will be (at least) another 1.5 years before get #4 out of the house and launched.
Renovation comes after that, when we finally have some room to work.
So far, I've looked at 114 properties, none will do... wrong features and/or overpriced, and/or HOA.

I do admit to being very concerned about moving her to Prescott then up and dying on her.

• 1 month later...

Offer still stands. I know they are out here and there.

Still looking...

Archived